11-The Elimination

The week dragged on as the mass elimination came closer. I knew who I wanted to stay: Zay, Josh, Brandon, Lucas, Farkle, Charlie, and Billy. 

The others had to stay until the Report where they would be publicly dismissed.

My father had the Report all planned out. After I sent away the boys, the remaining would pick at random a day. Seven boys, seven days of the week. He thought it was ingenious.

I would spend the entire day with whichever boy had chosen it. By the next Report, I will be eliminating one more. That will leave me with the six "Elite".

As much as my father loved the positive attention he was getting from the public, he was tired of entertaining guests. He wanted me to be married as soon as possible so he wouldn't have to worry about me screwing everything up.

Personally, I was hoping to draw out the selection as long as possible. 

The Report began and I sent away the other boys. It was quick, like ripping off a bandaid. I figured they deserved that much after suffering through a week of agony.

"It's getting down to the wire, folks. By this time next week, we will know who the Elite are." Shawn announced to the crowd. "Now, Princess Maya has decided that she will dedicate one full day to each of the seven remaining members." Sure, I decided. "To be truly fair, the boys will pick their days at random and will be in charge of planning a full day of activities.

"Billy, come forward and pick your day!" Shawn pretended to be excited about this. I thought it was ridiculous. It always amazed what these people are entertained by. The order really didn't matter. 

At the end of the Report, Zay walked me back to my room.

"See you Friday M." He kissed my cheek and I disappeared into my room. I climbed into bed, not bothering to change. I had a long week ahead of me.