14-A Magical Monday with Farkle

Farkle was at my door, bright and early Monday morning. He whisked me away to the library of all places. 

"Seriously?" I groaned. 

"You've never wanted to have a forbidden makeout session between the shelves of the finest books in the kingdom." I perked up slightly at what he was implying. "That's not what we're doing but I like the enthusiasm." 

"Farkle if you expect me to read I will send you home so fast-"

"Shh, we're in a library." He smirked proudly and I had to resist the urge to hit him. 

"Why are we here?" I groaned. He finally got to an opening on the top floor of the library. I gasped as I took in the surroundings. 

"I know you're an artist. I figured we could spend the day doing something we would both enjoy." He shrugged. I threw my arms around his neck causing him to stumble back. 

"Thank you." He had set up an area for him to pose with the books while I painted him. 

"Now would you prefer a nude model?" He asked with a playful grin. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a paintbrush. Farkle slid a book out of the shelf and held it in his hands as he sat in the chair. He looked very regal in his pose and he seemed right at home surrounded by books. I had wondered from the beginning if Farkle and I were too different. But now, the way he had planned this day to fit us both so perfectly made me see that anything was possible. We were different but it worked. 

I finished the painting after a few hours and I was amazed at Farkle's ability to sit still. 

"What now?" I asked. 

"Well we still have some time before the next thing I have planned but the food should be here soon." He grinned. He put the book down and waved me over. He pulled me into his lap and I laughed as I fell. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. He guided me towards him and lightly kissed my lips. I was surprised when I felt myself deepening it. It felt much better than when he had kissed my hand. I pulled away and smiled. 

"You got a little something on your face," I whispered. His hand immediately reached for his lips but I shook my head. "Here, let me." I ran my thumb over the tip of the paintbrush before reaching up and swiping it across his cheek. "Oops." He realized what I had done and chuckled before grabbing the brush and painting my nose. 

"I think the whole Rudolph look suits you." He grinned. I stood up and grabbed the palette I had been using. He held his hands up in surrender as I dipped my fingers in the different colors. I walked forward until Farkle was backed up against the shelves. "Don't do this, Maya!" He pleaded as I raised my hand in front of his face. I ignored his pleas and ran my fingers across his face leaving three lines of paint going from his right temple to the left side of his lips. While I laughed, he got a hold of the palette and covered his palms in the paint. I hadn't noticed until I felt the dampness on my cheeks and neck as he pulled me into another kiss. His hands trailed down and I was shocked by Farkle once again as he rested his hands on my ass. We were only pulled apart by the sound of a throat being cleared. Farkle and I pulled apart blushing and straightened ourselves out.

"Your Highness, Mr. Minkus. Your dinner."

"Thank you." Farkle smiled awkwardly. We ate and talked as the sun went down. 

"It's getting late," I commented with a slight yawn. 

 "This is the best part." He assured me. He brought me over to the window. I was amazed by the view. "I figured this is a view you haven't seen often. But the library window has one of the most exquisite views in the kingdom. Apart from looking at you of course." Farkle was a complete romantic and it was nice. I grabbed a pencil and paper from the art station and started sketching. I drew the night sky above the kingdom. When I was done I handed it to Farkle. 

"I know it's not the same but now, no matter what happens, you will always remember the view from the library window." I smiled, squeezing my hand. 

"I think I might love you." Farkle breathed out. Instead of responding I lightly pecked his lips. I leaned against his chest and we fell asleep under the stars.