XI

"Argh, fuck-"

   Kirishima chuckled as he watched Bakugou set things up in his kitchen. He had announced on Twitter, Instagram, and also YouTube that he would be doing a very important livestream. The most convenient time for everyone would be during the late morning for any who lived in Japan. Kirishima was one of the first on the stream, as usual, and so was one of the few who experienced seeing Bakugou stub his toe on his kitchen table's foot. 

   "Stop fucking laughing," growled Bakugou as he noticed the ones present posting a bunch of laughing emojis. 

   To be fair, Kirishima also sent one so he is guilty. He didn't know why Bakugou had wanted a lot of people to be present on this stream, but he guessed that maybe the fact that Bakugou had asked him to not miss it, not that he would, meant it really was important. He would be there for anything Bakugou needs support from, so maybe he was going to announce something important.

   'I hope he doesn't publicly break up with me- ah, no. We are away from this topic, he likes me, I love him,' he smiled lightly, watching Bakugou push the table away with frustration. He then went to find his ingredients for whatever he was going to cook.

   "Hello to everyone who is present now," he said, startling Kirishima. It had been silent and calm until he spoke loudly. "I will be announcing something important, so we'll wait until about a million people come up or something," he shrugged. "I'll just be prepping ingredients for what I was going to cook this afternoon. I'll save me some time, I guess," he said.

   Kirishima shrugged. It makes sense.

   He waited for a few responses, looking at the chat. "Uh, yeah. My uploads have been slow because I've been up in family stuff. I'll talk about that too during the announcement. And no, I am not baking a cake this time. I am planning another recipe book for you guys, and since the last one was a cake one, I thought about making this one a more salty or main dish recipe book. Actually, what I'm cooking is going to be in that book," he stated, looking into his fridge. He took out a few vegetables, then began slicing them on a cutting board he was reaching for when he stubbed his toe.

   Kirishima reached for his keyboard, smiling brightly. 'Gotta have to learn to cook quick,' he wrote, posting it with a small sigh. He has been eating more than just instant ramen cups recently. He is now cooking steak correctly, and that is an improvements. He is getting better, and Bakugou does always remind him.

   "Hm, almost at a million," said Bakugou with a small grin. "Only in fifteen minutes too," he chuckled. "And... we're at a million. Thank you everyone for joining, and don't fucking click out just now," he growled.

   Kirishima adjusted his headphones, gave him a small text of encouragement, even though he has no idea what he'll say, then got comfortable in his chair, his eyes fixed on Bakugou checking his phone. He smiled lightly at Bakugou small amused huff, then continued smiling as Bakugou got to the point.

   "My dad died."

   His jaw dropped, his hand slapping over his mouth to cover a loud gasp. Kirishima didn't expect it, and he did not expect Bakugou to let out a small sad smile, then a quiet cough to cover it.

   "He didn't really just die out of nowhere, like an accident or a heart attack," he said, stopping anyone from making assumptions. "He had breathing problems ever since he was a child, his lungs not automatically breathing and stuff like that. He went to the hospital a lot, and while his breathing got better when he went into high school and became an adult, he didn't really ever get cured, so it came back to haunt him," he shrugged. "And so, all recently, ever since I started making streams that had me more quiet and stuff, it was because he had to stay in the hospital for longer than a few weeks to have his breathing get stable. I was fucking frustrated," he sighed, pausing his movements of cutting vegetables.