Stronger Together

Can I just hate you to death?

»»————- ★ ————-««

Please read the notes at the end of this chapter.

*Edited 2.16.21*

4.

They were getting close, Xayah could tell by the way Ahri seemed to be getting anxious. They haven't stopped in over 5 hours, so it's understandable that everyone more than likely wanted nothing but to sit down and rest. Neeko especially, seeing as she was basically dragging her feet with each step.

After a moment of watching Neeko fuss about how tired her feet were to Sarah and Sarah hitting her playfully on the head, and Neeko muttering what she could only assume to be an insult in Oovi-Kat, Xayah decided to close her eyes, taking in the peacefulness of the forest and the swift breeze that would occasionally blow. She felt calm, until an all too familiar feeling arose in her stomach. Her eyes quickly open and her ears twitch forward slightly, quickly but stealthily she looks all around them, trying to spot what made her feel the way she did.

"There's danger somewhere in this forest." Xayah thought to herself.

Xayahs once peaceful face was now long gone and replaced with a serious expression as she walks past the others and approaches Ahri and Sarah at the front of the group. Ahri looks at Xayah, slightly confused at her sudden appearance and the serious expression on her face.

"Hey Xayah, what's up?" Ahri asks, concern clear in her voice.

"We're getting close, right? Let me take the lead from here. You and Sarah can relax and enjoy the scenery while I guide us there the rest of the way." Xayah says, her serious expression never faltering.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's not that much further, we can keep guiding if-" Ahri says before she's cut off.

"It's fine. You two head behind with the others." Xayah says, causing Ahri to sigh and reluctantly hand over the map to Xayah.

Once Xayah takes the map, Ahri and Sarah move back with the others, Ahri deciding to stay close to Xayah while Sarah goes to the back with Rakan.

Rakan looks over at Sarah, confusion all over his face as Sarah walks next to him. Sarah usually tried her best to keep her distance from the others most of the time so it was surprising that she's just suddenly walking next to Rakan.

"What happened to Xayah?" Rakan asks with a worried tone.

"Nothing, she just wanted to take the lead for some reason. Ahri tried to convince her not to but she pushed until Ahri handed over the map. There's obviously something bothering her, and I'm assuming Ahri sensed it seeing that she's sticking close to Xayah and keeping an eye on her. I'm not sure what's up, but maybe you should talk with her once we get to the village." Sarah says as she stares straight ahead, not looking at Rakan as she talks.