A Pop In Time

"Every hero has a villain they created."

»»————- ★ ————-««

*Edited 2.17.21*

5.

It was more than obvious that something was wrong. The atmosphere just didn't feel.. right. Xayah and Ahri currently sit at a table inside of a small café within the village, sipping away at their drinks as they glance at the large amounts of people who pass by out the large window that their table was pushed up against. They would sometimes get weird glances from others, some filled with curiosity towards Xayah and others lechery towards Ahri.

"Humans are overt and irritating at times. I understand that it's our job to protect them, but they could at least have some respect." Xayah mumbles, taking another sip from her warm tea.

Ahri sighs, but sends a soft smile towards Xayah, "Regardless, its our duty. You have to remember that they don't know who we really are. All they see are our looks, nothing else."

Xayah looks down at her cup, swishing the warm liquid inside around slightly as it reflects her face in it. Her ears twitched at the sight of herself, but something wasn't right.. something was.. behind..

"Hi friends!"

Xayah jumps slightly and prepares a feather dagger, holding it towards the intruder, only to realize a certain sparkly lizard was standing behind her.

"Glad you could join us, Neeko. Please, have a seat." Ahri says softly, gesturing towards a third, empty chair that was always present at their table.

Neeko joyfully sits down, wobbling slightly in the cushion of the chair. "Ohh! I like this one, it's.. very soft! Like.. rabbit friend that Neeko met in the forest!"

Ahri and Xayah both giggle, Neeko looking at the two of them with a confused expression, then smiling largely. "So.. why did Miss Ahri call Neeko here?" she asks.

Ahri smiles towards Neeko, "Well.. we need your help with something. There isn't something right about this place. I know it's reputation is.. fair, however there's just some scent in the air, and it's not anything pleasant."

"Neeko understands! She can feel it too. There are these.. dark colors all around, but Neeko can't pinpoint them.."

Ahri's ears perk up at this, "Good to know Xayah and I aren't the only ones aware."

"So, what can Neeko do to help?" Neeko asks, tilting her head slightly.

Ahri looks down at her cup, the steaming liquid inside nearly gone. She circles the rim of the cup with her index finger, "Xayah and I have been sitting here for a while now trying to get any information from the village residents, but no one seems to know anything. You know that lady yesterday?"

"Ooh! Guide lady? Neeko remembers her!"

"-yes, her. Well, shes the head of this village, so whatever is going on here, she would know about it. We were thinking, if you disguise yourself as her and go into the office building.. you could find out at least a bit of information before anyone catches on."

Neeko thinks for a moment, but smiles and nods, "Neeko remembers her sho-ma, should be easy as cake!" she gasps, "cake is very good.."

Ahri laughs as Neeko gets lost in her thoughts about cake and glances over at Xayah, only to see the bird glaring slightly at the window. Ahri follows her glare, landing on a cloaked figure standing between two buildings. Ahri pushes herself up from the table and looks towards Neeko.