Within the Twilight

"Who needs love when you've got a cloak made from dark-matter knives?"

»»————- ★ ————-««

*Edited 2.17.21*

6.

It was cold and dark.

Xayah could feel nothing but the chill of her blood as the corruption seemed to find its way into her bloodstream, reforming it into the inky darkness that had been on the ground and coated her body from what she could last remember.

As she faded away, she felt the presence of a familiar touch on her face, caressing it as droplets of what she could only assume to be tears landing on her skin.

'No.. No don't..' Xayah tried to say, but all she could do was speak in her own isolated mind.

She wanted to push him away, stop him from enduring the suffering that she was currently going through. He didn't deserve this pain, especially since it seemed to only want her.

She felt the presence fall beside her, a force colliding with her chest which she assumed to be his head.

'No.. why..' she thought to herself as all she could feel was her icy blood and pain that thumped throughout her body.

But she noticed something else.

The normal beat that sung through her ears, alerting her that she was living, breathing. It was gone.

She no longer heard the song of life within her, no, all she heard was silence. A sickening silence that made her want to pull at her hair and run. But she couldn't.

All she could do was lay there and wonder how she was still recognizing the darkness, how she still felt the frigid, abhorrent darkness swimming through her blood like a lake on a frosty winter day.

She wondered how her mind was still present, yet the beating of her now lifeless heart was long gone. She hadn't even noticed when it started to beat again. It felt so faint, so unreal. This wasn't normal.

Xayah sat up with a loud gasp, breathing in air that had been absent from her lung for too long. She began to cough violently, the air filling her lungs leaving a burning sensation that was nearly unbearable.

A heinous laugh rang through the air to the right of Xayah, and it was only then that she noticed the young girl from earlier hovering in the air with her legs crossed.

Wait.

Xayah looked down, noticing that she was sitting on.. nothing. She pushed her hand down only for it to phase through the darkness beneath her, causing a shiver to run throughout her body.

"No point in trying to touch anything here. It's just void." The young girl said with an obnoxious tone, a hint of humor in it.

Did she think this was humorous?

A portal formed in front of Xayah and before she could blink the young girl was right in her face, staring deep into her eyes.

Xayah tried to move back, only to seemingly hit some sort of barrier. She was trapped, and there was no way she could get out of here.

The young girl smiled wickedly, seeming to enjoy Xayah's fear and restlessness.

"Where.. where am I?" Xayah asked with a flat, yet fearful tone.

A giggle sounded from the young girl again, "I already told you, silly! You're in the void." A devilish smirk appeared on the girl's face.

Xayah glared at her, fear now being overrun by anger and irritation, "Who are you?" Xayah asks, voice now filled with venom.