CHAPTER 36

Rose's POV

I walked to Jason's house to investigate Emily's disappearance.

I never thought that this was going to be way difficult. And I don't believe that Cameron took her.

My life isn't what I expected.

My brother is dying.

I don't even know if Emily is alive.

I grab my phone from my back pocket receiving a message from someone.

He knows more than you think... keep searching, maybe she is already dead.

Xx

I thought we got rid of him.

My fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. I can't hear my rapid breathing, but I can feel the oxygen flooding in and out of my lungs.

Cameron.

I thought he would stop texting me after everything that happened.

"What do you want to change?"

"You sweety." I rolled my eyes, "don't worry, sadly it's not me who wants you."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Just let her go, she hasn't done anything."

His eyes turned to someone.

"She doesn't know right?" I looked towards the person Cameron was looking at.

Jason.

As he said at the ball. Jason knows something.

I entered Jason's house searching for the boys.

Sara and Amanda are sitting in the living room watching some TV.

"Are the boys downstairs?" I ask them.

"Yes and Jason is at his office."

I walked down the hall knocking at Jason's door.

"Come in." His deep voice said. He sounds tired. Really really tired.

He looks at me concerned knowing something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" He stands up walking closer to me.

"No," I sighted, "I mean... I don't know." Since Emily was taken nothing has been the same. People think Cameron took her but I don't think he did.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" His soft voice said. I couldn't look him straight on the eyes.

I was afraid.

After Cameron texted me, I am scared Jason could know something.

Is it bad?

Is it helpful?

"I am not blind, you know something about the ball." I looked at his silver eyes which showed no emotion. His jaw clenched as I saw his knuckles whitening.

He sighted and went to sit down in his chair. I sat right in front of him.

"You can tell me anything." I said.

Jason's POV

That's what I am afraid of.

Telling her everything.

She looked concerned, stressed. But I am afraid if I tell her the truth, I will lose her.

"It's not easy. It's not easy knowing everything and not doing anything about it."