22

I've had fantasies of how Tori's wedding would look like, we both did, when we were still in college, ikinukwento niya kung gaano nito kagustong maikasal sa isang simbahan na maraming bulaklak sa paligid, pati ang nadadaanan niya. She fantasized about an arc of flowers in the entrance, butterflies, too. At kahit na hindi ako ang ikinakasal ngayon, the happiness that I'm feeling is up to roof.

Because today, those fantasies came true and my bestfriend is marrying the man she deserves.

“Vince, you thought me how to love again,” pumiyok ang boses nito habang sinasabi ang kanyang vows. “You helped me open up and be free. Everyday with you was an adventure, you unraveled me and watch me grow without holding me back into whatever I wanted to do. You always made sure that you are there when things fall apart, you always help me put things back together. This day, I promise...” suminghot ito at tumawa. “I promise to do the same. To stay with you when things don't seem right. I promise to always meet halfway and help you with everything. I love you, Vince. With all my heart.”

Mangiyak ngiyak ako habang pinakikinggan ang kanilang vows. Their promises were sealed with a kiss when the priest pronounced them husband and wife.

Pagkatapos nang seremonya ay nagkaroon pa ng picture taking. I was there on most of the pictures, Tori requested that Trevelyan and I should take a picture together with the both of them. Sinamahan naman ako ni Trevelyan, nakipag kamay pa kay Vince at binati ito ng congratulations.

“I'm so happy for you, Tori. Natupad ang dream wedding mo.” we both chuckled and hugged. Napakaganda niya ngayon. Her serpentine white gown is the prettiest wedding gown I've seen. She has a little tiara too in her head, na nagbagay sa buhok niyang sinadyang ilugay.

“Thank you, Xerxes. And I love you so much, I can't ask for any other bestfriend.”

My heart warmed. Her happiness is my happiness too, it's been like that for a long time.

Dumiretso kami sa isang resort kung saan gaganapin ang reception. I am in Trevelyan's pick up. Habang nagmamaneho siya ay panay ang tingin ko sa kanya. He looks so good in his baby blue long sleeves that he rolled up to his elbows.  Nakadepina ang malaki niyang biceps. Naka dagdag pa sa kagwapuhan niya ang kanyang aviator shades. I almost swooned.

“What?” supladong nag taas ito ng kilay sa akin.

Napansin kong hindi maganda ang timpla ni Trevelyan mula kaninang umaga pa. He's irritable and clearly not in the mood. Kung alam ko lang, sana ay ako nalang mag isa ang umalis.

Umiling ako. Itinuon niyang muli ang atensyon sa pagmamaneho.

Napakaganda ng reception ng kasal ni Tori, it's by the garden. Nasa harapan sila where they're seated infront of the guests. Maraming tao. Afterall, this is such a grand wedding.

Napatingin ako kay Vince at Tori, he whispered something in her ear that brought her to laughter. Umiling ito at tinampal ang asawa sa braso. I smiled.

Paul, wherever you are now, I hope you're happy, as I am for her.

“Don't you like the chicken? Puna ni Trevelyan as he looked at my plate. “Ayaw mo nang... kumain?”

Umiling ako. “Hindi pa kasi ako gutom.”

“Pero naubos mo na yung deserts... You know, it's not really good for the health. At, pumayat ka.”

I smiled at his thoughtfulness. Trevelyan may be rude, but he's always been thoughtful. Maaruga rin.

“I'm fine, Trevelyan. Tsaka, minsan lang naman..” I'm guilty. Alam niyang parati akong kumakain ng matatamis kahit sa mansyon nila. One time, he found me indulging in a caramel cake and later that night with some chocolates, pinagsabihan niya rin ako nang dahil doon.