Realisations

Jungkook POV

It was the day. Today was the day. The day when I would ask y/n to go on a date with me. The nerves were like a wrecking ball swinging through me and demolishing any plans I had to calm myself down. It was currently 5:30 am, we only had to reach BigHit at 7:00 am.I was still overthinking everything whilst biting my inner check in nervous excitement. I couldn't help it, I guess it was just a habit of mine.

Would she say yes?

Or would she say no?

I haven't even told the rest of the members about my plans yet, I was too afraid that they would disapprove since we weren't exactly supposed to be having relationships, especially not me.

However, I was still unsure whether I should ask y/n out. Not only was I scared of the members not accepting our relationship but also the fact that Namjoon seemed a bit out of it when I told him about my feelings for her. It was as if he was hiding something from us.

But if it was something important he would've told us, right?

We all knew about his past. It was part of the reason why he had first gotten into music. The reason why he ran away.

Namjoon had quite a tragic past, possibly even worse than Yoongis in some ways.

His biological family was actually part of the mafia industry. His dad once was a bodyguard for one of the most elite and untraceable mafia leaders, Park Hyungsik. However, as time passed, Namjoons father decided he deserved the position of mafia leader more than his boss. His father ended up assassinating Park Hyungsik, resulting in him claiming the position of mafia leader. His father was hoping that his son would follow in his footsteps but Namjoon never wanted that for his life. He never wanted to be like his father.

His mother on the other hand was a great woman. Beautiful in every aspect, inside and out. She unfortunately ended up choosing the wrong man. She had died from protesting against Namjoons father. Killed in a war she didn't start but raised a boy who could end it. 

A war in which Namjoon wanted no part of.

A war in which he ran away from.

A war in which he couldn't avenge his mother.

We knew that some days the guilt would eat at him.

As my mind contemplated different reasons of why Namjoon isn't acting like himself a deeper thought suddenly slammed into me.

There was something Namjoon told us, something about a special someone he claimed would forever and always be the love of his life. He never told us the name of the girl but he told us the story.

He said they'd met in a party of some sorts, one made for only the most elite mafia leaders in the country. He was forced to go with his father back when he was only 15 years old. The memories of the past still haunted him, but there was something else he claimed to be the light of that night. The light of his life.

Namjoon described her really vividly, as if he could remember every last minuscule detail about her. He said that she had worn a deep burgundy off the shoulder ball gown with a lace trim and a sweetheart neckline. The dress itself I could imagine would be beautiful, stunning even. Gold makeup was also applied to her face, not too heavy or light but just enough to look natural. Her skin was a chocolatey brown tone/ milky pale tone and he claimed that even in the dimmest lighting she still glowed as bright as any star in our galaxy. (a/n: basically whatever skin tone u hv I guess but u can also pick one of these. Also I will probably write it as chocolatey brown tone just cuz that's my skin tone but u can imagine it differently if u want.)

The girl was apparently the daughter of another elite mafia leader. Park Seonjun. Who was ranked second best after Park Hyungsik, but after the assassination, Park Seonjun was at the top. Namjoon said the girl was only a year younger than him and that she too wanted to leave that wretched life she was unmistakably yet unfortunately born into.

According to Namjoon, they had made a plan to escape together, but in the end it didn't work out and they had to go their separate ways. It was a story that seemed sad but unfinished.

What if it was unfinished?

What if there was more to the story than just a failed escape?

What if the story hasn't ended yet?

What if the story is continuing after all these years?

What if that is why Namjoon isn't acting like himself anymore, and why do I feel like it's got something to do with y/n?

...Time skip to 1:30 pm... (still Jungkooks POV)

We had just finished our dance practice for boy with luv, we were all exhausted especially Jimin. The whole group including me were really worried about him, he wasn't eating enough and he was overworking himself. He seemed to be getting thinner every day, even thinner than Yoongi hyung.

We were about to go to our lunch area when Namjoon stopped me. The rest of the members carried on heading to the lunch room. As much as I looked up to my hyungs, Namjoon hyung could be scary, but that's part of what makes him a good leader.

Namjoon hyungs voice rattled me out of my stupor.

Namjoon: Ummm... Jungkook?

Jungkook: Yes hyung?

Namjoon: Can I ask you a question?

Jungkook: sure.

Namjoon hyung seemed unsure whether he should ask me whatever he wanted to ask me. His eyes were half squinting in nervousness and his lips were slightly pursed.

Jungkook: Hyung, just say whatever you want to say. It'll be fine.

Namjoon looked down at me from his massive height and smiled in appreciation of my reassurance.

Namjoon: Umm... I wanted to ask you if you really truly have feelings for y/n. Do you?

There was a long pause before the words actually passed through the barriers of my brain. The question had struck me as odd. Had I not made it clear when I told them that I had developed feelings for her? But maybe there was more to do than just that. Maybe in my haste I hadn't noticed something very important. Something so important that I would just never be able to let go. Something I was sure to regret if I didn't make the right decision.

And as I stared into my hyungs eyes searching for the answer of whom or what the problem might be or whether my suspicions were right, I realised that that something was her. My suspicions were right.

It was y/n.

The girl whom we had both coincidentally fallen for. 

.......

A/N

Hey yall, so yea I know that this is another filler chapter n I keep saying I'll make longer ones it's just that I really hv writers block and my time management sucks so yea...

Plzzz forgive me n also 263 reads! Thxxxx soooo muchhhhhhh for ur support and votes for this book plz I know I'm not the best author but I'm trying rlly hard it would b rlly appreciated if u vote and share this book w ur friends. 

Thxxxx sooo much tho. Luv yall

Love, ur author!!!💜💜💜💜✊🏽😘😘😘😘