❦ Prologue III

Evelyn's POV

Friday, after school,

Me, Shintarou and Mr. Honda was walking back from school.

"Hey! Mr. Honda!" Shintarou called. " We're going to the beach tomorrow with Mama to celebrate Carina's birthday. Want to came along?"

"Carina's birthday?" He asked

"Yeah, Dad won't be coming though.." I said sadly.

"Oh?"

"Anyway, are you coming or not" Me and Shintarou asked simultaneously.

"Well, it sure has been a long time..."

"Hurray!" Shintarou cheered, "Say you'll come! Promise us!"

" You two leave me with no choice."He sighed while smiling and all three of us make pinkie promise with each other. "Okay, I promise."

We continued walking home. Shintarou, rushed to the door and open them while yelling, "Mama! Mr. Honda says he'll come with us tomorrow!"

"Shintarou, don't run! You'll fall!" I warned him and I suddenly heard a ringtone sound. I turned and saw Mr. Honda face expression change as he looked at the phone screen.

I frowned in confusion.

"Mr. Honda, Aren't you coming it?" Shintarou asked.

"Ah! No, I have to take care this call. I'll be on my way." Mr. Honda said.

"Oh, okay!" Shintarou replied. "Don't forget to come tomorrow!"

"I won't! See you!" He waved, "I'll make sure to give you a give as well, Carina"

My face bright up as I replied,

"Okay~ Thanks!"

"Mr. Honda left in a hurry. Didn't he, Carina?"

"The call must be important." I shrugged as I took his bag and place to the provided place with mine.

"Oh no!" Shintarou gasped, " I forgot to tell him what time we're leaving!"

He began to run

"Shintarou! Wait!" I chased him, but he suddenly stop behind a tree. I slow down my pace and looked over where Shintarou were looking. There was Mr. Honda in the middle of a phone call.

"Tomorrow's our chance to take action!" He said in harsh tone, "We don't have much time! The creditors want their money. If we don't get it , we're both dead!!"

Shintarou held my hand as we hear the rest of the conversation,

"Don't worry. I've earn their trust. Both the royal's and the billionaire's"

Me and Shintarou looked each other in terror and slowly step back.

KRAK!!

Shintarou accidentally step on a branch.

I saw Mr. Honda ended the phone called and turned to us, so I stepped in front of Shintarou as his shield.

"Shintarou, Carina, what are you two doing here?" He asked kindly, "Aren't both of you supposed to be home?"

"We.. we forgot to tell you what time we leave.." Shintarou tremble behind me.

"I see... You could've just send me a text."

"B- but.. y-you're not coming tomorrow.." Shintarou shuttered as he getting closer to us.

"Of course I am." He said, "What are you talking about?"