Chapter One

The rays from the rising sun were creeping through the curtains.

Jennie felt a weight on her tummy. She turned to her side and opened her left eye lazily.

Ah…it’s her.

Jennie turned around and lay flat on her back, opening both eyes and staring at the ceiling to collect her thoughts. She took a quick glance at the white Marc Jacobs watch by the bedside. Lifting the long slender arm off her tummy, she got out of bed and padded towards her luggage. She randomly grabbed a pair of khaki pants, a top and undergarments from her luggage before heading into the bathroom.

After washing up, Jennie walked towards the bed and nudged the girl who was lying on the bed, still fast asleep.

“Hey, wake up. I’ve got an early flight to catch and need to check out soon,” Jennie said firmly.

The girl nodded sleepily and rolled out of bed. Jennie gathered the girl’s clothes from the ground and handed it to her as the latter went into the bathroom. Meanwhile, Jennie was putting make up on before packing her cosmetics into the luggage. She made herself a cup of coffee and sat in front of the television to watch the news while waiting for the girl to be done.

“I’m done. Thanks for the wonderful night. Call me when you’re back here again, darling,” the girl said seductively. She gave Jennie a kiss on her left cheek before going out of the hotel room.

Jennie remained expressionless at her seat. She emptied the remaining mouthful of coffee down her throat. Taking one last glance around room to check that she didn’t leave anything behind, Jennie grabbed the handle of her luggage and went to the reception to check out of her hotel room.

~*~*~* ~

“Jennie-shi, are you back in Seoul already?” a deep voice bellowed over the phone.

The woman in the taxi tucked her blonde hair behind her ear and let out a long sigh before answering.

“Yes Mr Sung. I just arrived and am on my way back to the office now.”

“That’s good. I need to have a quick meeting with you when you get in. On Thursday, I need you to go to Tokyo for a meeting.”

“Yes Mr Sung,” Jennie ended the call politely. She tapped the ‘End’ button and slipped her phone into her handbag.

At least I have a two day break this time. I ought to count myself lucky.

~*~*~*~

“Jennie Kim! I finally managed to catch you. Are you free for dinner tonight? I’ve gotta update you on the latest gossip!” a bright voice chirped at one end of the phone.

“Rosie, I just got back from Singapore and I miss my bed,” Jennie replied lazily. “I don’t feel like going out tonight. In fact, I don’t even feel like eating anything.”

“Tell you what, I’ll buy dinner and pop over to your place instead. See you in a twinkle!”

The line went dead before Jennie could reply. Jennie threw a few pieces of ice cubes into a glass. She unscrewed the cap of Baileys at the bar counter and poured the thick milky manila coloured liquor into the glass. Picking up the glass, she strolled towards her balcony and sat down on the lounge chair.

Jennie enjoyed the stunning night view of the town from the top floor of her apartment block. It made her feel like she was on top of the world, carefree and relaxed. The Han River was just a stone’s throw away from her apartment. Strolling by the river was one of her favourite activities when she was free. Breathing in fresh hair helped to clear her mind.