1: The Prologue Thingie

My name is Renelda Juliette Dawson. I absolutely positively HATE my full first name so everyone calls me Rennie. Only my besties even know my first name. That being said, my nicknames are Wren, like the bird, Wren-wren (only if you’re one of my cousins), Jenny Wren, Jenny, and my older brother calls me Birdie. I don’t know my, but then I never really do with Damien. I’m sweet sixteen and loving it.

            I have wavy honey-brown hair that reaches about three quarters of the way down my back and brown-emerald eyes that I got from my mother. The reason that I was giving my standoffish, not-involved-in-our-lives-except-to-pay-our-credit-card-bills-and-pretend-to-act-fatherly-because-hes-an-old-recluse-and-we-hardly-ever-see-him uncle was because of the awesome thing that ever happened to me WAS HAPPENING.

            Because you probably as confused as a bag of marbles, let me give you the lowdown-last summer my uncle sent me to this all-girls camp to ‘make new friends’. Make new friends my butt; he just didn’t want me on his hands while he had some quote unquote boy time with Damien. Anyway, that was one of the best summers of my life because I met three soul mates-Will, Kat, and Jackie. You know how once in a while you meet those people that totally connect with you, are there for you, you have the best time with, and can completely read your mind? Photo-shop Will, Kat, and Jackie into that picture and I’d hang it on my wall. We’d kept in contact over the year and through a million Skype’s, phone calls, emails, texts, and Facebook, I found out that most of their parents were looking for a move. No one but God could have orchestrated that, and I jumped on the chance like a wild hyena. Needless to say, the three closest condos in our building are soon to be occupied by my besties!

            Isn’t that Oh my Word worthy?

            Thought so.

            Together, we call ourselves the “Never Been Kissed” Club, or NBK Club. I’m sure there’s probably more than one of these ‘clubs’ so to speak, but still.

            Uncle A had done the only adult job I needed him to do-set up my friends at the local high school and to NOT mess up what grade they were in.

            Truth to be told, they were arriving tomorrow and that phone call had set my happy drive on overload.

            LOOK OUT HIGH SCHOOL HERE WE COME!