two

Three years before

During final exams we were all stressed; we spent the days in a library near Waterloo, from early in the morning until they closed. Takeaway coffee cups were piled up in the bin at our table. The subjects of second year had been tougher than those of the first year, but it had been worth all the effort. The last exam would be in just a few hours, and finally we could enjoy freedom for a few months.

"I can't believe we're going to finish our second year of college, time goes by too fast " said Florence, taking a bite out of a Wispa chocolate bar.

"Three hours and we will be free; I think I can smell Greece from here" Charlotte had been obsessed with that trip for months. We had decided to do it together, in July: Florence, Isla, Charlotte and me. To be honest I was also excited, I deserved that holidays after that long year.

We all laughed.

"You'll come to the party today, won't you?" Florence asked with her perfect Cockney accent, sending me a quick glance.

"I think so" I replied looking again at my psychology book; I couldn't think of anything else at that moment.

""I think so" is not the right answer. You will come Lacie Black, you promised it a few weeks ago" yes I did. It would be an exclusive party in Kensington, thanks to some friends of her, she had been reminding us the event for two weeks.

I nodded, although I was too tired. I hadn't been sleeping for more than 6 hours for weeks. Actually, all I wanted was to lie in bed and watch Peaky Blinders on Netflix all day long; but I couldn't stop being curious about it. She had spoken wonders about that event. Why not celebrate the end of exams in a different way?

We finished the exam at 4, as planned; I felt happy and relieved at the same time, I could get a B, or even an A. As soon as I got home, I threw all the notes on the table, and opened my wardrobe. I needed to know what I would wear, because at 9 Isla would be downstairs waiting for me, and I still had no clue about my outfit. I tried half of my wardrobe, but everything seemed too informal. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, I decided on something appropriate for the occasion; a lace body that I had bought for the trip to Greece in pink tones and wide leg pants from last season.

"Are you ready? " Isla asked as she left home. She was wearing a beautiful minidress with a pair of red high heels, she was looking stunning.

I nodded with a smile and we got lost in the streets until we entered the tube station. When we arrived in Kensington we couldn't believe it. It was full of people everywhere, people who I didn't even have a clue who they were. We look for Florence in the middle of the crowd.

"Girls!!" she shouted excited raising her arm.

"This is full of people, you hadn't told us; you said it would be a private party "I added, noticing how anxiety began to run through my veins. During my college years, I hated not having everything under control.

"And it is. Laz stop complaining and come with me. These pants make your bum amazing, it looks like a delicious peach! "I laughed as she took my hand and we all entered the club. It was a huge place, with lots of spotlights; although with much less people than there was outside. They were all pretty posh ones. I wondered how Florence had got us all there that night.

Despite being a pain in the neck the previous weeks, she was right, that party was simply amazing. We danced all the songs, drank shots; I felt alive again after so much study. Being there with my best friends was the best plan I could imagine.

"This is the best party ever" I shouted to Charlotte. She was right by my side, but the music was so loud that we couldn't hear each other.

"It is. What about Chris? Is he around?"she asked while giving another sip to her Gin Martini.

"Do you think I have any idea? He's a prick. I don't want to see him, not even at uni."

"Are you fucking kidding me Laz? He's so hot; okay maybe he's not the most intelligent person in the world, but at least he invited you to The Ned!" Charlotte would always remind that one night. The night Chris took me to The Ned and paid for our meal; it wasn't even a proper date, I went out him just because my friends asked me to do it. Nothing more than that. 

"Charlotte, why don't you go and call him? You seem to be interesed in another date, maybe this time he invites you to The Shard."

"You know he is not my type!" she shouted quite annoyed. -You're always so rude with him. He doesn't deserve it. 

"Deserve what? He's been telling his friends that we were snogging at Bank tube station that night, after having dinner. You know that's not true. Why would I snog with someone like Chris? He's bloody stupid."

"He said you were a good kisser, that's a compliment. You shouldn't take it that serious, boys are like this."

"I'm done with this conversation. I just don't wanna see him, you should understand it" I knew she wasn't angry with me, we weren't even arguing. We knew each other since 6, she was like my best friend.

I noticed someone pulling my arm while ordering another drink.

"I'm going to introduce you to someone" Florence shouted as she pulled me out of the bar.

"Someone? Who?" I asked strangely. I wished it wasn't another blind date of hers. 

She dragged me to the other side of the club, an area much quieter and prettier than the rest, I hadn't even noticed that it had been there all this time, some kind of private room. We stopped in front of a crowd full of boys.

"Niall, this is my friend Lacie; we go to college together" when I looked up, I could see who it really was. His blonde hair and cheeky smile; it was him, there was no doubt. For a second it was hard for me to process all the information; I wanted to look nonchalant, not even nervous, as if I had seen any other London boy in a pub near the East End. Suddenly I thought all that was a dream. He greeted me with a hug, and I did the same.

"When did you know Niall from One Direction and you didn't tell us anything about it?" I hesitated as he walked away - . I'm freaking out. 

"It was a surprise"- she replied quietly. "My father knows them, from work you know, and one day he introduced them to me. They are fantastic boys."

Hope you like this chapter! Thank you again for give it a try xx.

EDIT: Some of you've been a little confused with the timeline, and I understand it! I added that "Three years before" in order to clarify it a little bit. The first chapter is years after all the context of the story (I will get to it later on); take it as a little spoiler. Sorry for those of you who were confused!!!!

Lucy.