thirteen

I woke up early despite having really gone to bed late, even though I didn't feel tired. I had left everything lying on the floor last night, I could even see all the makeup on the table, and leftover pasta.

The memories gradually appeared in my mind again. The way in which his open shirt showed his tattoos on his chest, or how he had looked at me again. Something immediately went up my stomach and a smile was put on my face. He had told me he loved me. It had not been a dream. Harry had finally told me that he loved me, after so long and I didn't know how to react. But I was very happy. I wanted to call him, but it was only 11, and I felt he would be probably sleeping. I took an ibuprofen tablet before going into the shower, I was feeling dizzy and my head keep spinning from the night before; I wasn't even that drunk.

I met with India after lunchtime at Hyde Park. She had come from Amsterdam after two weeks there so I could say I miss her a little bit. We sat on a small bench in the southern part of the park, it was like our little place. We always went there, as if it was our ritual.

"I would really like to stay there" she added as she took the first sip of her iced coffee. "It's a completely different place from London, it has its own essence."

I felt offended for a moment. India was born here, in fact she had been living in Camden Town with her parents all her life. For her the whole city had always been the same, however, I always found a place to get lost. For me, London did have its own essence.

"What's wrong with you? You are never so quiet. Aren't you going to ask what I have eaten all these past days?" we both laugh.

"I know that cheese and egg sandwiches are your safe bet."

I was listening, nodding my head; but inside I kept thinking about Harry. I looked at the time in my phone secretly, it was two o'clock, I had promised to call him. Maybe I could wait until tomorrow to do it.

"I really feel you're not listening to me, so tell me about the party at Niall's. It was yesterday, wasn't it?"

"Of course I'm listening to you." "Yes, it was yesterday in Kensington."

"Wow, posh neighbourhood" she added with a smile, I knew she was waiting for me to tell her more, but I wasn't sure I wanted to. I knew she wouldn't pressure me if I didn't, but deep down I wanted to share it with someone.

"Harry was there" I spat. She stared at me for a few seconds without knowing what to say.

"And what happened? I mean, did you know he would be there?"

"Of course I didn't" I took a deep breath. "We talked. We had a lot of things to talk about. He was different, very different in all possible ways. His hair was way longer, and his attitude. I don't know. I feel as he has grown up while I wasn't looking. Like a proper adult now."

"But different in a good or in a bad way?"

"In a good way I guess. He has apologized for everything in the past; for that Kendall thing."

"That's fine, even though it doesn't solve anything. He doesn't know how much you've suffered for him. Apologies are alright, but I need facts.

-I told him that I didn't want his apologies, they weren't enough for me, and after that, he spat that he loved me, and I didn't know how to react."

Her eyes widened in disbelief. I had no idea how she would react to so much information. I just knew she would support me, India always did.

"He did say that? Oh my God Lacie, why haven't you told me about this before?"