Chapter Thirteen- Patiently Waiting

Kaia

Its been a few weeks since Alex and I had 'the talk' and we haven't really spoken since then. He sends me text asking did I take a pregnancy test every now and then. I don't have to avoid him because he left on a business trip two days after our talk. I don't know why I told him how I feel because I felt like it fell on death ears. All he did at that dinner was tell me sweet nothings and I don't have time for it. I want someone who wants to be with me and who wants to eventually settle down and marry me.

I wanted to have a career, get married, spend a year or two enjoying each other then start having children. But that's not the cards I was dealt. While I do have my career I wanted everything else to fall in place like I had imagined. But if I am pregnant there is no doubt in my mind that I would keep and love this child and I know Alexander would be there for him or her like he is for Aaron.

I talked to Anne about everything from the talk between me and Alex until now. Anne knows that I have irregular periods and had always told me to get on birth control to regulate it but I just never got around to it. I have a doctors appointment next week and I am so nervous. I wish Anne could come with me but she can't get out of work which sucks. I wonder if Alexander would have wanted to come if he was in town. I wish I knew what was going on in his mind.

The week have gone by so fast. My stomach is in knots. I am so nervous I can't think straight. I hope I don't have to sit in the doctors office all day.

I got there fifteen minutes before my appointment and there was already a couple of people in here but not to bad. I can't help but feel sad that I am the only one here without someone else with them.

About ten minutes later the nurse in the front calls my name something about her is so calming and motherly. She does all her nursing things like take my weight my temperature and she told me to go to the bathroom to pee in a cup then put it in a window thing in the bathroom. Weird. When I was done she took me to the room and we waited for the doctor who was there in no time. I didn't even get a chance to look at all the pictures of mothers and babies on the wall.

The doctor name was Dr. Miguel Albert and just like the nurse he seemed calming but not motherly. He told me that my pee results was instant but that he would do a blood check too. I had a different nurse come take my blood. That took about fifteen minutes to get the results. I could have just went with the pee test but I wanted to be a hundred percent sure. And I am glad that I went with the blood test cause I would have had two different results.

Mini Note:
As you all my know that I have a daughter she is in my profile picture but Dr. Miguel Albert was my actually doctor who delivered her and four of my nieces and nephews in Miami, Florida :)