Chapter 29

•|•Autumn•|•

"Mr. August Alsina." Principal DeLaney's voice called. Everyone cheered, but not even August's mother cheered as loud as I. This was a big milestone.

Why?

Because a few months ago, August had told me he'd wanted to drop out of school.

It took everything I had to convince him to stay, and he saw it through. I'm so proud of him. He's my crowning achievement.

I can't believe it. We're finally graduating. Jaylynn, Kylie, and I will be attending UCLA in the fall on full scholarship. Sadly, that means I have to leave my baby, even though I'm trying not to think about it. Chris, Trey, and August have a surprise but they haven't said yet.

August goes up and gets his diploma before coming and sitting back down with the A's.

I tune out until they call Chris's name, at which time I clap and scream with everyone else.

After that, my name is called. My heart is jumping out of my chest as I walk up, get my diploma, shake Principal DeLaney's hand, and head back to my seat.

I zone out for the rest of the program, clapping and cheering only when one of my friend's names are called.

"Now please, put your hands together for the class of 2014!"

Everyone applauds and the screams thunder in my ears as I take my cap off and toss it high into the air. August comes and spins me around in a circle, peppering my face with little kisses. He kisses me. I smile up at him.

"You made it through." I whispered, my voice cracking with the tears of joy rising in my eyes.

August smiles back at me.

"No, we made it through. I couldn't have done it without you, baby."

"And I you."

I suddenly feel someone tugging my gown I turn to see Kylie standing there with an adoring smile on her face.

"Have you lovebirds forgotten that we have to go change into some normal people clothes so we can go to Kier Ramos?" she asks.

I blush and peck August's cheek before grabbing my change of clothes.

I go in the bathroom and change of the black Valedictorian gown into a blue and white Monki Marbel crop top, denim skinny jeans, a silver heart locket, silver bangles, and a pair of white hi-top Converse.

I take my hair out of it's ponytail and let the curls hang freely down my back.

I walk out of the bathroom, my eyes glittering with pride.

I'm officially a high school graduate, I think to myself as I go join my friends.

I'm completely unaware of the menacing eyes that are glaring a huge, gaping hole into my back.