Chapter 38

•|•Autumn•|•

When I awoke the next morning, Honey was feverishly going through a bajillion keys on a key ring.

My eyebrows furrowed.

"What's going on?" I ask, my voice raspy and hoarse.

"They're coming for you. She's on her way to move you to a different location before they get here."

"Who's coming? Who's on her way?" I ask confused.

"Winter let it slip. Now August knows where you are. He's on his way with the police. Winter's coming to try and relocate you before they get here. But I'm going to let you go." Honey explains as she continues trying keys to fit in the lock.

My eyes widen. "You're helping me?"

"No, she's getting herself killed." says a voice from the door. My heart sinks when I see Winter standing in the doorway looking at Honey and I coldly.

Honey quickly hides the key ring.

"You lied to me, Sochitta. You told me you loved me, and that you'd do anything for me. But you're betraying me, by trying to set this bitch free. I see that I can't trust you anymore. Goodbye, Sochitta."

Before either of us could say anything, Winter had pulled out a gun, aimed it at Honey, and pulled the trigger.

I screamed as Honey's body hit the floor and blood pooled out of the wound in her chest.

Lord, please don't let her be dead. I take back what I said. I don't hate her. I forgive her.

"And now you're next. Goodbye baby sis."

I frantically grab at the key ring as Winter aims her shot. I pick the first key my finger lands on and stick it through the hole. I twist it and the metal cuff on my arm falls to the floor in the same second that Winter fires her shot.