Chapter 7

"Are you ready?" Oliver asked, handing out the potion. It was green and smelled funky, but why not. I swallowed the potion down, which didn't taste that bad, and gave out a burp. "When is something supposed to happen?" I asked a little to soon.
I started to feel funky and smaller. Then I didn't feel human nor immortal. I quickly went over to the closest mirror but was to short to reach it.
"Oh snicker doodle! That didn't work at all did it? Well do you like mongooses?" Oliver asked with a little grin. "What does that have to do with anything?" I asked, now very confused.
Oliver picked my up so I could look into the mirror. Oh me goodness! how did this even happen! Trying to make an immortal potion but instead making one that can turn you into a mongoose, because that totally makes sense.
"You can change me back, rigggghhhhtttt?" I said now very upset with my form. "Yes if course I can! But maybe give it a few days?" Oliver said tilting his head."A couple of days? No thank-you I rather be human most definitely human." I said looking at him with the most angry face I could make, which was a little hard considering I was a mongoose and didn't know how that would look. "I'm just pulling you leg! Here drink this!"
Oliver gave me another potion but this one was pink. I drank it as soon as possible hoping for the best. Sure enough I began to grow again, and felt human. I looked in the mirror to see that I was in my regular body. "There you go poppet! Sorry the potion didn't work as plan. I was hoping maybe this one would work but-" I could see that his attempts of making me immortal failing made him upset, but there was something else that was upsetting him to. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I could see it was bugging uncle and my brothers to. No matter how many times I try to get through to them though, they won't tell me anything.
"It's ok, dad. We will figure it out!
Don't you worry!" I said with a cheerful smile, hoping he would respond in the same way. Sure enough he gave a smile back and we walked down stairs to where everyone else was talking. I sat down at the table next to Al who was talking to Matt. "Like have you ever felt like no one ever notices you?" Al said and tapped his fingers on the table. "Noooo never!" Matt said with a sarcastic voice and annoyed expression. "Have you guys ever been a mongoose before?" I asked. They all looked at me with a look of concern for my sanity, meanwhile Oliver was letting out little giggles. "No, I have not." Francis said looking at me confused. "Same here." Al said, also confused. "Can't say that I have." Matt said.
Heh. I feel special.