13崖

【愛してる】 

"I love you"

Prince Kan Taejun; second son of the Fire Tribe's General, Kan Soojin. Prince Kan Taejun is an arrogant man, a man who's naïve, like Yona, about the life outside of the castle's grounds, and spoiled rotten while living lavishly due to his high position in the nobility's rank.
He's also the guy that proposed to Yona. It isn't very important information though since the girl rejected him.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

"I, Kan Taejun of the Fire Tribe...have been waiting for this moment for a very long time." As he spoke, no one listened.

"Look Princess, Nature." Yona nodded in excitement while looking at the location Hak pointed to. It was a beautiful scenery of... "A sea of trees, Hak?" Kanna said with disappointment. "The trees have a pretty shade of green!"

"HOW DARE YOU ENJOY NATURE WHILE I'M STILL TALKING TO YOU!!"

Taejun's short temper got the best of him and ruined the moment. "How ill-mannered of you to assume such a misunderstanding, Taejun." Kanna looked at Taejun with pitiful eyes while Hak nodded in agreement. "Her Highness is correct. Right now, I'm neither a general nor a "Son," so I didn't know you were talking to me. Sorry about that." He slightly bowed in apology. "Oh, not at all. As long as the mistake was seen, it's fine."

The two shared a calming moment since the misunderstandings were unhidden. It only lasted for a few seconds though. "Wait, you're not a general?!" Taejun was shocked while Hak just shrugged. "That's right. I'm Hak, just a wandering traveler now...so anything I do has nothing to do with the Wind tribe."

Taejun sighed. "I see...but I wasn't interested in the Wind tribe." Pulling out his sword, Taejun revealed an alarming smile as he aimed the sword at Yona. "I'm only interested in Princess Yona over there!" His aimed sword signaled the arrows from many to be released and directed at Yona. Hak pulled the twins into his embrace before slashing the arrows with the Hsu Quandao. "Don't give him the chance to rest!" Taejun ordered. Immediately—as if this was a war's battlefield, arrows and soldiers all charged at them.

"Let me wear your bow and arrow Hak!" Kanna yelled during the soldiers' battle cry. Just as he strikes the soldiers around them with his dominant hand, Hak hurriedly shrugged off the straps from the bag. Hak swiftly switched his weapon to the other hand, allowing Kanna to successfully take the bag off. "Hurry and get on my back when there's some space, Your Highness." Hak said as he spun his Hsu Quandao around from high to low. Without a delay, Kanna put on the bag and tightly held onto Hak's neck.

"Stop him!" Using his Hsu Quandao to aid him in his jump, Hak jumped to a higher level. "Stop him now!"

"You've been attracting a lot of uncivil men lately, Yona!" Kanna joked as she tightened her arms around Hak's neck. "Hak and Kanna always say unnecessary things!" Yona complained as we let go of Hak, trying to run to safety.

"Release more arrows!"

Arrows and soldiers were coming from every direction. It was also noticeable to Yona how their pace was gradually becoming slower. It brought out Yona's anxiety.

Making her slip onto the broken arrows on the ground.

"Aim for Princess Yona!"

It felt as if Yona's entire life flashed through her eyes as Hak shielded Yona from the released arrow. The sound of the arrow piercing into his flesh reminded Yona of the death of King II. Her fear was slowly awakening while looking at Hak's fresh wound.

"Hak! the soldiers are coming!" Kanna warned while ignoring the shaken-up Yona. Hak grunted as he pulled out the arrow, chuckling slightly at Yona's worried expression. "Stop worrying. You're creeping me out." "You—" Hak pulled Yona once again into his embrace before having a silent agreement with Kanna.

Forcing his strength on his Hsu Quandao, Hak jumped above the soldiers' heads and onto another higher level.

This left Kanna to steal a dead soldier's sword and dash toward the opposite end of where Yona and Hak went.

I'll distract them, Your Highness.

To be continued