You'll Be the Death of Me

Sideswipe and Strongarm from T-Night's:

A Prime's Fate

~~~~~~~~~

"Nope. Nothing. Nothing to see here."

"Would you shut up already?"

"This is patrol, Strongarm. I'm just doing what I'm supposed to be doing."

"If there's nothing, keep you intake shut before I make you!" Strongarm transformed, Sideswipe doing the same a moment later. He'd been bothering her quite profusely for the past few days and she had had just about enough. "What is going on with you?"

"What do you mean what's going on with me? Aren't I usually this annoying?" Okay, that was weird. He didn't usually admit to being annoying.

"You know, I'm your teammate. You can tell me stuff," she said.

"There isn't a rule about that, is there?" Sideswipe groaned. Strongarm shook her helm.

"I just want to help," she said. "You're acting a little out of character."

"No way!" Sideswipe said. "We've got a patrol to finish and your blabbering isn't doing us any good!" He transformed and drove off, creating tire tracks on the slick road. Strongarm sighed and followed him. Maybe Skywave would know. She was pretty good with out of character actions.

They finished their rounds and returned to the base they had set up on Cybertron. Sideswipe was getting a refuel, studying his cube unusually closely. Strongarm sat next to him, but he didn't look up. She nudged him. "Hey," she said. "What's that song you really like? I never listened to it, but you can show me now, if it'll make you feel better."

"No, thanks," he said. She blinked. Sideswipe being polite? What is this? She better talk to Skywave.

"Well then, do you know where the lieutenants are?" she asked.

"No."

"Hm." She stood up, trying to find their energy signals. She found them together and she hurried towards them. They were sparring, though the pair was laughing to hard to actually be sparring. "Hey, Skywave? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure-" Bumblebee kissed her quickly before darting away. "WE WILL FINISH THIS, MISTER!" She stood up. "Sure." Strongarm nodded and Skywave fell into step beside her.

"So, Sideswipe's been acting a little funny for the past few days," she said.

"Do tell," Skywave said.

"Well, he's been even more annoying than usual, but he kind of has mood swings too and now he's almost ignoring me. He never misses out on a chance to mock me!" She looked at Skywave, who's face plate was scrunched up in thought.

"Maybe he's trying to get your attention," she said. Strongarm snorted.

"Sideswipe? Get my attention? Skywave, that can't be right."

"Well, you came to me to figure this out, and that's what I suggest. Give it a few more days, and if he continues with this behavior, call him out on it. If he gets flustered, then there's your answer. Trust me."