Missed You

Brothers Stormracer and Legend in T-Night's:

A Prime's Fate

~~~~~~~~~~~

Legend laughed, hugging Stormracer. "And then what?" he asked. "That Insecticon was already clumsy!"

"I took the tech and ran off! No point in staying longer," Stormracer replied. "But I guess that goes to show how good Insecticons are at building!"

They shared another laugh. Legend was grateful, to sum it up, that he had family again. Stormracer sighed after a moment.

"When did you become an Autobot?" he asked suddenly.

"When I couldn't handle Starscream anymore," Legend said, slightly bitter. He hated his old mentor. Finally, he was free from him. "But that's over now, anyway. I'm done living in his shadow."

"What was it like?" Stormracer asked. 

"Horrible," Legend said, his derma twitching. "Let's be done with this." 

"I told you about my experience," Stormracer said. "Why won't you tell me about yours? We're brothers; we share things." 

"Yeah? Well, some things are best kept secret," Legend snapped. Stormracer narrowed his optics. 

"You don't trust me," he said, sitting back. 

"What? Of course I trust you!" Legend said.

"Then you would confide in me. If everyone who endured with you is dead, then you are carrying this burden alone. But now that I'm here, I want to share it with you. But you won't." Stormracer stood up. "Sir." He dipped his helm, then turned around and walked with his helm held high. Legend stared after him. He blinked out of his stupor. If his brother wanted to pry, let him. But Legend wanted to keep those things to himself. He had seen and endured things he didn't want his brother to have to live with. He was doing it to protect him. If Stormracer didn't understand that, fine. Let him walk away. 

"How is it, having a brother?" Sideswipe asked. 

"Fine," Stormracer said, looking down. Sideswipe frowned. 

"What's got you?" he asked. 

"Nothing," Stormracer replied. 

"Hey. You scolded me. Now let me scold you."

"No, thank you," Stormracer growled. "He won't confide in me! I know he's gone through horrible things, but so have I! He doesn't think I'll understand." 

"Maybe you won't," Sideswipe said. Stormracer glared at him. "You may be brothers, but you're not the same. You may have been raised alone, but he was raised by Starscream. He thought both you and his carrier were dead. He never met his sire. He loved someone and Starscream murdered them. He knows what it's like to lose everyone he loves. And you? You were alone. You didn't have to worry about anyone but yourself. You may have faced danger, but know that Legend's trying to protect you." 

"For being a really self-centered bot, that was some great advice," Stormracer said. 

"It's pride," Sideswipe said. "Let it go." 

Stormracer looked down. "I'll think about it," he said. Sideswipe patted his shoulder. 

"You do that," he said. 

"Alright. Go spend time with your femme." 

"Shut up." 

"Hey, Legend," Windblade said, jumping off the pillar and landing next to him. "Where's your brother?"