Chapter One: The Gang Is Back!

Dahvie's P.O.V

-

"You guys can't come in here!"

Zoe and Rory grinned devilishly, "Yes we can,"

Chris glared, "No."

"Yes,"

"NO,"

"YES,"

"Just let us in. You're not going to win," I shrugged.

After bickering back and forth for about two minutes, he gave a long tired sigh before finally agreeing.

"THINK FAST!"

I yelped, thinking too slow as the snowball was thrown at me, staining my custom shirt. I lifted my gaze and glared at Jayy who was snickering from behind the snowcone machine, giving an innocent smile.

"Jeremy..." I crossed my arms and raised my brow, not helping that I put more weight on my other leg.

"Oh shit," Mason said before slowly crawling out of the hole of the booth, backing away, "Shit is real. He called you by your actual name,"

Everyone went silent as I slowly crawled into the small space, walking up to him. He stared at me with wide eyes as I reached my hand into the box, taking a handful of crushed ice and dropped it right on his head.

He shrieked as most of it ended up falling into his shirt, making me and everyone bust out laughing as he started to frantically try to get it out.

"Okay... I deserved that," he smiled at me after he was done.

I only giggled, letting him give me a small peck on the lips before we went back to actually doing the work.

We were at a fair Brookline held every year in the summer. It was actually a church event, and it was really fun. It's the first time I've gone.

Mason's and Chris's youthgroup, plus another round of people I didnt know, were volunteering at booth's for the church. And we kind of kicked Chris's out of his. The snow cone one. Yum. We all got as many as we wanted, and Zoe kept drinking just the syrup.. Ew.

Mason was at the face painting booth, and it was right next to us, so we joked around pretty much all night, and it was fucking awesome. He even painted my face, and I scared a little kid!

As the paintbrush tickled my cheek, I looked at my bestfriend, "I'm nervous..."

He met my gaze concerned, "Why?"

I looked behind to see my boyfriend giving someone a snowcone with a smile before looking back at Mason, hushing my voice, "Me and Jayy's one year..."

He gave a comforting smile, "What, are you nervous about the surprise?"

I nodded, making sure to not make his brush poke me in the eye, "Yeah. Like, I don't know... Is it too cheesy? Maybe too... Um, clingy-ish?"

He laughed, "You're overthinking,"

I glared, "I'm not. I'm making assumptions in my head," when I realized what I said, I almost slapped myself in the face, "Okay... Fine... Maybe I am. But what if-"

His glare stopped me, "Dahv, it's good to be cheesy sometimes. And it's the perfect amount. I've known him my whole life. He'll love it,"

After seeing no lie in his eye, I sighed, "Okay... Fine,"

"OH MAH GOSH, YINZ ARE SO FUCKIN FABULOUSSSS!"

Both of us shared a look before turning our heads, and I busted out laughing.