I Don't Think You'll Ever Want To Love Me

Stepping on my plain white bathroom scale, I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the obnoxiously large number that's sure to appear on the mini digital window. Coward, I think, You can't even deal with your own fatass self. I slowly crack one eye open, just enough to see the number.

What I see nearly drives me to tears.
103 lbs.

103 fucking pounds? How did I gain that much in a period of 24 hours? This makes me want to eat even less, although I don't know why that would change. I love the empty feeling in my stomach when I lay in bed, counting the days since my last meal off on my fingers. I'm a freak. Feeling full literally makes me sick to my stomach. Sighing, I step off if the scale, daring to steal a glance at my nearly naked form in the mirror.

All I can see is fat, fat everywhere. Chubby legs, belly rolls, a layer of squishiness everywhere. I jerk my head away from the mirror, not willing to stare at my reflection any longer. I shuffle over to my bed, grabbing a random Pierce The Veil shirt and black skinnies. I glance at the mirror one more time, only to check my hair. Grabbing a brush from the bathroom counter I attempt to tame the mess of burgundy frizz that is my hair. Sighing in defeat, I give up and throw a beanie on over the tangled mess. There. At least now I look halfway presentable. I shove my iPod and phone in my pocket, checking and double checking that my earbuds were in there also. Who knows what I would do without music. Die? Yeah. Probably. I glance at the clock. Shit! It's 7:20 and if I miss the bus my stepdad will kill me. I go as fast as my empty body will take me, grabbing my book bag and making it down stairs in under two minutes. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I step into the kitchen. My mom is sitting at the table with her head laying on her school books, sleeping soundly. I sigh. She must've had another late night between school and her new job. Careful not to make any noise, I kiss her on the forehead, whispering my goodbyes even though I know she can't hear me. I press play on my iPod, turning it up loud enough that I couldn't hear anything else. If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens comes on. I smile.
How the hell did you ever pick me, honestly, I could sing you a song. But I don't think words could express your beauty.