Can We Lose Our Minds And Call It Love For The Last Time

I slide to the floor, my arms and legs trembling from the overuse. I can feel my pulse everywhere, in my hands, in my feet, in my brain. I can feel a anxiety attack coming on, and my head starts throbbing to the rhythym of my heart.

How I wish I had that silvery pierce of metal...

I clutch my head, squeezing harder against my temples in a futile attempt to stop the pounding.

Have you ever really danced on the edge?

I start to hum Pierce The Veil which combats the oncoming attack.

Is something still scaring you?

The pain in my head subsides, and i drop my hands, sticky with sweat, into my lap.
Have you ever really danced on the edge?

I lean the back of my head against the cool tile wall of the bathroom.

The count of three is up.

I feel alright now, alright enough to click the power button on my phone.

9:32, it reads. I sigh. What felt like forever was only an hour and a half. It still surprises me, no matter how many anxiety attacks I have. It's probably the end of first bell or first elective or something. I can barely think straight enough to process where I am, let alone what period we're in. It's probably almost lunch bell.  I decide to just crawl out the window and skip school. I won't be missing much. And it's not like I eat lunch anyway...

Just as I'm pushing myself to my feet, I hear the door open behind me, the creak causing my headache to return slightly.

"Hey kitten, I just want to talk."

I don't turn to face the voice, both because I don't need to nor have a desire to. I could recognize his voice anywhere.

So what if I forget regret?