Another Oath Made In Secret

The Turtle knew it was dying as it began to choke on a universe that was bigger than anticipated. But before the Turtle succumbed to such cosmic forces, its mind wandered back to them. The brave warriors who bore such strength and power all together that they had defeated a demon who lived amongst space and time only to destroy. Oh yes, such were powerful warriors who had manifested powers similar to that of the cosmic demon itself. Of course, this group of warriors had used their power to drive back the demon to whence it came, to destroy the destroyer. All this had been done at such a young age, and then it was to be done again, in the near future. But a gift the Turtle did not often like, was being able to see into the near future. And so the Turtle looked, hoping for a bright, powerful future for the galactic warriors. The Turtle had not expected such a harrowing fall to the sturdy group who had already experienced so much together. As the Turtle neared the end of it's life, it made a vow, a promise, an oath, to give the warriors another chance at life. A restoration, one might say. The Turtle vowed, that when the beloved warriors had lastly overcome the space demon, if the future turned out to be what the Turtle saw, the warriors would get their redemption, and no precious life would be lost. The Turtle put their will unto the universe, and with their dying breath, the Turtle thought about the warriors who were powerful beyond measure and smiled into death.