A Burned Consciousness

Burning, burning, burning. All Stan felt was the burning. A pain so blindingly hot that he felt it was consuming him from the inside out. He couldn't feel any sense of direction, down was up, and left was right. There were no directions where he was at, wherever that is. Stan couldn't really focus on much apart from the flame from within. Just that he was Stan, and he didn't know where he was, if anywhere at all. He wasn't sure if he was just a mind, or if he had a body to accompany his stream of consciousness too. Stan pondered upon alot of things. Where was he? Is there life after death? What constitutes death anyways? Does your consciousness live beyond your body after you die? Do you get reborn? Do you become apart of the everlasting creation that is space? Suddenly, Stan became acutely aware of the fact that he felt like he was falling. And that the burning that seemed to consume his body was nearly gone. Stan just let things happen. Falling. Burning. Falling. Burning. Falling. Burning. Stan became rather bored of the monotony. He felt like he was going to fall and burn forvever. Then he noticed. The burning from within had completely stopped all together, and the speed at which he was falling at increased. Was he going somewhere? Was he going to stop eventually? Stan barely had time to fit in another thought before he felt like he was being body slammed into something, although he couldn't tell what. Then finally, it came back. The burning. Except this time, it felt like flames rolling up on the lengths of his forearms. His eyes snapped open.