A Loss Too Hard To Ignore

At this time, the self-named Losers Club had never felt more like actual losers. Sure, they'd won, yeah. But at the same time they had lost. The Losers Club had just experienced such a devastating loss that hadn't been thought about before. It hasn't been thought about before because everyone was just so sure that everything and everyone was going to be all right because they were united as one force against another. Well, almost united. Stan Uris wasn't there. But they still strongly believed that killing the Eater of Worlds was still possible with the 6 remaining Losers. And so they fought. They fought a long, hard, and arduous fight that seemed to drag on endlessly but also seemed to happen in the blink of an eye. What had come at the near-end of the final battle was something that nobody had anticipated. Eddie Kaspbrak was the second loss of the battle. One of the battle companions, Richie Tozier, had felt like his very own heart had been ripped from his gaping chest. It was no secret that Richie was in love with Eddie, so when he had to watch Eddie get stabbed by that evil bastard, Eddie's blood splattering across his face, his heart was stabbed too. Richie was inconsolable throughout the remainder of the day, so Bill, being the leader as always, decided to have one last Losers Club sleepover before departing their ways the next day. Everyone soddenly trudged their way into Bill's hotel room without so much as a single word being spoken. They ate dinner, played games that no longer held meaning, and then finally, finally, they all clambered into Bill's bed, close and comforted with each other's presence, and let sleep wash over them like a desert drought begging for a single drop of relief.