Dial-Up Dad

Beverly rolled over on the bed, stretching an arm out and reaching for any of the closest boys. Except she grabbed nothing but warm, open air. That's odd. Her eyes snapped open and she shot up in bed. She was back in her old room. But this time it didn't look old with age. It looked exactly as it did when she lived there as a kid. Did Mike do this? Also how in the hell did I get here? Last thing I remember is sleeping over in Bill's room for one last sleepover. Beverly's heart panged as she remembered the events of the last few days. Eddie. And Stan. Oh my God Richie- Bev began to panic and started to look around for her phone to see what time it was and to see if she had any texts from the Losers. She stuck an arm out and that's when Bev noticed it- in place of her broken,chipped and sewer-stained acrylic nails there was a small, skinny, acrylic nail-free kid's hand. Beverly froze. She froze and she stared. Suddenly she snapped out of her reverie and jumped off her bed to the mirror on her vanity to get a look at herself. Beverly nearly passed out from screaming so loudly. All of a sudden, she heard heavy bootsteps coming in the direction of her room. "Bevvy is that you? Are you okay?" Beverly froze once again. Shit. Beverly had forgotten about her dad. Before her dad could reach her room, Beverly yelled out. "Y-yeah daddy, I'm okay, it was just a bad dream. Sorry for scaring you." Her dad just grunted and walked off. Beverly sighed in relief. Once she waited to hear her father snoring, she silently tip-toed over to the telephone and dialed in a number. Richie. She needed to talk to him before anyone else. What the hell happened while we were asleep last night?