Chapter 4

The guardians were in shock. What was their situation? What should they do? Should they go to pitches lair or spread out to see if tooth turned up anywhere? A million thoughts were running around all their heads and a slow tear ran down bunnymunds face. "We 'ave to save her! If it's pitch then she's done for."

"Its okay bunny," Jack steadied his staff and raised himself to his feet, "we will save her!"

The fairies flew frantically around the workshop but their search for anything or any clues on where the wind took tooth was in vain. Baby tooth flew down to the guardians and was attempting to get the attention of them all but all they did was wave her away.

"Baby tooth please," north waved his arms around his head to waft her away, "we are trying to figure out how to find tooth!"

Baby tooth flew towards the window that toothiana was carried out of and looked up at the moon as she settled on the ledge of the window. She felt a grainy sensation beneath her and raised her wings to hover. Sand. black sand. She swooped up a handful of the sand and flew once more to the guardians who yet again brushed off any attempt she made to communicate.

She'd had enough. With a frantic speed she launched herself out of north's workshop and into the icy winds outside, and followed the faint trail of black sand that had settled on the snow beneath her. She followed the trail until she hit open water where the black sand had stopped.

She didn't need the trail. She knew what was going on. She knew that she had to get to pitch's lare and find tooth, or all of the guardians lives would be at stake.

...

"You won't win, toothiana. Frost will come and when he does darkness will reign supreme!" Pitch's voice was deep and full of joy, how hands raised to the air as though praising himself for his deeds against the guardians. "The dark ages will return, such happy times for me. None of you will have a single say as I will have frost as my own personal guard."

"You won't win! They will stop you!" Toothiana was frantic in her attempts to break free of the bonds that still help her to the bed and threw her body in all directions in an attempt to loosen the sands grip. "They will stop you, the dark ages are gone forever and you will never get them back. We are stronger now than we ever were..."

"...and yet you were taken so easily. It is hardly fair, you barely struggled." Pitch's smile grew wider as he saw tears once again film in tooth's eyes, her skin pale and her heart beat weak. "By the way, if you keep moving like that then the sand will cut, and if it does then I don't think you will have to worry about anyone else but yourself. You see, my sand is how I will get jack. It works like a poison, only, instead of killing your body... It kills your kindness."