-=2=-

|<The Noodle Chronicles>|

-=Chapter 2| Somewhere to call home=-

Dylan released the man who had attacked him, he had no idea he could do that. He always thought the failed results of that dastard place were all negative but now he had some kind of super strength? Before he could let himself think this over he would have to deal with the witness of his murder.

"Well you going to answer?" Dylan asks impatiently, his hazel eyes watching Greg carefully for any signs of him turning to flee. Greg just blinks, this guy didn't seem too smart but he was definitely abnormal which severely peaked his interest. Not wanting the strange boy to leave, he nods. He wasn't really used to socialising with people who weren't through a screen.

"I'm Greg. Do you need to know anything else or are we done here?" Silently Greg wished for him to ask for more information so he didn't get separated from him, he knew this was his only chance at getting what he wanted, so he had to play his cards right.

Dylan looks slightly confused "Aren't you scared? I just killed someone in front of you." He states dumbfounded. Greg shrugs his shoulders, "And?" Dylan's feels his mouth drop a little, if he was him he'd at least show something, but this guy had a blank look on his face, yet his eyes seemed to sparkle a bit. This whole situation was kinda weird and Dylan didn't appreciate the fact he was wasting time here, he needed to find a place to stay and quick.

"You... seem to be in a rush, maybe looking for something?" Greg states catching Dylan off guard. The hazel eyed male had confusion written over his face. "Did something happen and you're searching for it or something? You look kind of sad" Greg continues, stating what he sees.

"Huh? What are you on about " Dylan states denying Greg's statement, slightly creeped out at how he hit the nail on the head. Greg tilts his head a little at his response, "Do you need somewhere to stay or something?" He asks. Dylan breaks out into a cold sweat, whoever this guy was he saw both his murder and is incredibly good at reading people and well is probably some sort of genius.

Despite trying to hide it, Dylan had a visibly horrified look on his face, Greg notices and casts his eyes down. "If you need a place to stay, I can let you stay at my apartment" he says in a monotone. Dylan locked eyes with Greg, sure he needed a place but would he risk staying with this freak? He wasn't even fazed by murder! ...Unless. Dylan interrupted his own thoughts by blurting out a question, "So you can hand me into the police? Sell me because I have some weird deformity?" He asks not really trusting the older male.

It was Greg's turn to be confused as he shook his head. "Not at all? That's what friends do right?" He asks, a clueless look on his face, Dylan feels his jaw drop a little. Friends? How were they friends?! He questioned himself before asking the same question to Greg. "What do you mean friends? We've only just met?!" Dylan asks dumbfounded.

Greg tilts his head "I thought that we could be friends because I have something that can benefit you and you interest me." He says flatly, his response sent shivers down Dylan's spine. "So you want to experiment in me instead, fuck no you psycho!" For the first time Greg felt a sting in his chest after hearing those words, sure he didn't get out much but that didn't make him a psycho.

Greg's lips twisted into a small frown and he cast his eyes away, sadness clearly visible in his glistening brown orbs. Dylan takes note, slightly regretting his insulting accusation without thinking it through. He knew that this was his best bet at survival, despite Greg being so weird if he could get a place to stay for now he have a better chance at living for another day. "Fine" Dylan says reluctantly.

Greg's eyes light up, a lopsided grin appearing on his tilted face. "What's your name by the way?" He asks happily. "...Dylan" he replies hesitantly. "Well Dylan this way, we should probably leave before someone sees the body no?" Greg asks. Dylan nods as he follows, no one can identify him via fingerprint at least, what finger is as thick as this abomination for arms.

Walking out of the alleyway towards the park, Greg takes the lead not even noticing his fallen hood. Pushing through the hammering rain, they hadn't really noticed the rain before due to the thick atmosphere between them, and the slight cover from the two buildings between them.

Staying a few steps behind Greg, Dylan looks him down as they walked. After all he didn't really get a good view of him thanks to the darkness of the alleyway; rain dripped off his messy brown hair, he was a little shorter then Dylan was but not by much. The drenched jacket clung to the sides, his uniforms trousers dripped onto his school shoes. Girls were probably all over him. Dylan used to have that as well until the incident happened, he shouldn't blame them though, they tried to save him but in the wrong way.

-=|+|=-

Arriving at an apartment block about ten minutes from the alleyway via walking, Greg checks behind him to make sure he hadn't lost Dylan. He breaks out into a cold sweat when he notices the boy was no longer behind him. "Shit" Greg mutters under his breath, annoyed he'd lost the guy he was trying to help.

Running back the way he came, too focused on finding Dylan he bumped into a short girl who was casually walking along the pavement. Knocking her over she lets out a squeal as she lands on her ass. A pout forms on her face, her blue eyes looking up at Greg's brown ones. "Uh sorry" Greg apologies to the light brown short haired girl, her fringe dyed a bluish green. He offers her his hand, which she takes gratefully. "Thanks I guess" she scratches her neck a bit "Well uhm I'm going to go" she points to the direction she was heading backing off a little. Greg nods "uh yeah sorry again" he says before running off into the rain to find Dylan, worry edged into his chest.