twenty seven .

Asami Walker

I hurriedly got ready for the Black Lives Matter event that I was going to be attending tonight with Vivica. She had told me about it a long while back, and I had completely forgotten about it. I was too caught up with my move, family, and personal issues.

It was a formal event, so I made sure to dress looking my best. I had on a simple dress that wasn't too much, and didn't show too much either. After spraying on some perfume and touching my makeup up, I was out the door and on my way to Vivica's place to pick her up. She insisted that she could take herself, but I thought it would be tacky for her and I not to arrive together since we did receive a joint invitation.

After pulling up on her, I shot a text letting her know I was outside. She was out in a few minutes or so, and looked stunning. Neither of us were playing around today. Game faces on. Ross Gray would be in attendance tonight, since it was his event. He was a big name in the field of Black Empowerment. A connection with him would be incredible for me, Vivica and our community. That was the goal for the night. 

As soon as we got there, I felt overwhelmed. There were so many professional looking men and women there with their arms locked together. Digging through my purse, I took a bite of an edible that Asher bought me.

"Should we have brought dates?" I asked Viv.

"Plus ones were on the invite but I didn't think it was necessary to tell you since you're single." she shrugged, stepping out of the car and looking towards the crowed of people.

There was a red carpet where photos were being taken, which is where we were headed.

"Should've told me, I would've arranged something." I rolled my eyes. "Actin like you know my business."

As we approached the carpet, security stopped us.

"Is this your plus one?" He asked me.

I cocked my head.

"Yes?" I confirmed.

"Mr Gray had specific directions on the invitation." He shook his head. "I'm sorry, but he's asking for one male and one female to be in attendance together. To widen the audience he's reaching." He said, trying to be nice.

"So... what? You're telling us you cant let us in? Is that what this is?" Vivica asked with an angry look on her face while she clenched and unclenched her jaw. "That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard! Who came up with that?"

 "That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard! Who came up with that?"

"I mean..." he cringed. "Look, lemme see what I can arrange. Step out of line for me?"

We obeyed, yet huffed and puffed at the same time out of being irritated. As I glanced around at the scene, I noticed a black Rolls Royce pull up in the driveway with Ross Gray stepping out of it.

"Oh my God Viv, look!" I slapped her arm, causing her to mug me but look to where I was pointing.

"Asami that's him!" She shouted.