eight .

Asami Walker

Its okay to be vulnerable sis.

Keep your mind open to new things.

Those words ran through my head over and over again for the next week. I sat in Dailee's kitchen eating a bowl of ice cream while Grown-ish played on TV. I was out of the house, eating ice cream while one of my favorite shows were on but yet I could not pay attention to any of those things because my mind kept wandering back to the night I spent with Asher last week. I hadn't seen him since.

I kept on trying to convince myself that I didn't care, but for some reason I did.

"Dailee." I called into the living room.

She walked into the kitchen with Kenya following close behind. I cocked my head and made a stank face. I swear that chick acted like she didn't have a place of her own. Always at my house or at Dailee's. Bitch go home. Go to work. Have a fucking baby or something, damn. Just find something to do.

"Yeah?" she asked, taking a seat next to me and getting comfortable.

I looked towards Kenya and stared.

"I coulda sworn I called Dailee's name. Not Dailee and her shadow." I snapped.

She bit her lip but didn't say anything.

"I hate your outfit by the way." I told her before looking at my sister. "Dailee."

She shook her head at the way I was speaking to her friend but didn't mention it.

"Asami."

"Would you agree with someone who called me guarded and reserved?" I asked.

"Yes, I would strongly agree." she explained, nodding.

"Why do you think that is?"

She shrugged before looking up.

"I mean... I don't know, you just kind of always have an attitude," she held up air quotes. "to hide what you really feel. But you've been like that since forever so I don't know."

Kenya was really tuned the fuck in, paying attention, nodding her head and all

"Do you mind sis?" I asked.

"I don't mind at all, continue." Kenya said with a smile on her face.

Turning back to Dailee, I mouthed "is she fucking serious?" and then palmed my face, sighing. 

"Ken, you wanna give me and Dailee some privacy real quick?" she grinned. "Sister stuff. You wouldn't get it." she stated, waving her sad expression off.

"Yeah, I guess I wouldn't. Sure." she smiled before turning around going upstairs.

I made sure to listen to her footsteps making sure that we wasn't just stomping on one step continuously to give the pretense that she was going up for real.