CHAPTER 1

Pov’s Veronica
Finally peace and silence. I'm home alone, because my roommate is on a date with her boyfriend Marcus Armstrong (and yes, if you're wondering, I really mean the Formula Three driver from the Ferrari academy) when I decide to finish Stephen's long novel King 'Pet Sematary' and discover the tragic ending that is due to this book, with the tragic and classic melodrama of my favorite writer. I'm at the last page, when she comes in humming and screaming accompanied by Marcus. By education, of course, I close the book, even if it is since they have been together, or more than two months now, that I am continually interrupted by their looming at home or by Lisa's emotion in telling her anecdotes and her hottest experiences with him, that make me feel deeply alone.
- Vero vero verooooo - she enters with the usual joy that is a classic since she has a beautiful relationship with the young pilot, with whom I have become a friend and I must say that if she does not pull herself to be famous, she is awake and also very nice. -Hello Vero- he greets me too and I send a nod to both of them.
- How did the appointment go? well deduce I tell him looking at them and feeling a little sad when he puts his hand on her waist. How much I would like to be carefree and lucky like Lisa ... but I have never been too good in relationships and even less in conquering someone ... let alone a famous one!
- It went too well !!! - she starts hysterically because she is not yet used to the shock of pleasure to Marcus, but I think she underestimates herself too much; she is a nice girl, nice and helpful with everyone, only a fool would let her get away and luckily Marcus has a few neurons besides his biceps ...
They begin to dwell on the story of the evening and while I imagine myself there with someone ... I don't know yet who but I feel that sooner or later I will find the right person for me, only not a famous twenty-year-old at the age of sixteen as my best friend. I'm not too good at loving things, if you didn't understand, and even if Lisa keeps telling me I'm not a bad girl, I think I could never hit a famous boy four years older than me. Being sixteen and being single is not as sad as it seems ... in short, I spend time at home, reading, watching TV series and eating ice cream: my life sucks.