12:04am Eden

Her breath his hot against my cheek as the door slams and darkness envelopes us. Now it's just us.

Alone.

In Micheal Clodden's pantry, with a group of drunk and expectant teenagers waiting on the other side of the door. I never expected the night to end like this. 

There's just the sound of our heavy breathing and muffled music from the other side of the door. Should I say something? 

"Uh, I- uh." I clear my throat. Was that awkward? "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable out there with all that talk about being gay and shit. You know I was just trying to annoy Peter. He's an ass." She laughs softly but doesn't say anything so I continue. "Listen, I know you probably don't want to be here so-"

"Why wouldn't I want to be here." It's too dark to see where she is but her voice tells me she's close. Closer than I had expected.

"Well, you don't exactly seem to like me all that much."

"I don't like you?" She sounds incredulous. 

"Yeah- I mean- you seem to-" I take a breath. My thoughts about this girl had seemed so clear out there but in here the darkness seems to have jumbled them. "You never talk to me, you always look away. I don't know... it's almost like you're avoiding me." There's a short silence.

"I'm sorry." She sounds so timid, even hurt.

"No, it's fine. I understand. It's just kinda - how do I put this - infuriating. You see, I think you're so cool and super nice and beautiful and - fuck it - maybe I am a little gay for you. I'm not saying this to make you ubncomfortable, please tell me if thats the case and I'll stop, I just need to get this off my chest." It's like once I opened my mouth the words won't stop coming out. "I always wanted to tell you what I thought about you but you never gave me the chance. Maybe it's for the best as I know youre probably straight, I mean you have guys falling over your feet and who can blame them, so i-"