chapter one "the journey"

Blue kit was woken  up by the smell of fresh kill opening her eyes a moment later a small yawn would escape her mouth giving her away "bluekit??are you up baby?"her mother would say looking up from the rabbit she was eating."y-yes mom I'm up"she would finally say breaking the silence she would get up and then tierdly walk over to her mom who would give her a loving kiss. "EW MOM" she say while gerking away swiftly"dont ew mom me missy I just wanted to kiss my child anyways do you want some of this rabbit??".she would ask pushing the caracuse towards her "yes please"she say before starting to eat. "blackberrie honey are you in there?" A loud voice would say at the entrance of the den probably her father dulled sky a gray tabby with dull yellow eyes."Dad your back!!"she would say looking up from the rabbit and bolting to the entrance to greet her father.She would unexpectedly tackle her father in a hug causing both of them to fall to the floor in a giggling frenzy after a while both of them would get up "sweety you cant do that to me your going to give me a heart attack one day"her father would say while trying to get all the dirt out of his pelt. "Sorry dad I just dont get to see you as much as I want to so I though I would surprise you this time!" She say sadly looking at her father with apologetic eyes. "bluekit I know that we dont see echother aften but know this I love you so much and I'm only gone beacuse I'm out in the forest protecting my family that I love oh so dearly"he would say will cleaning some of the dirt off of her face."hehe I know dad" she would say licking her dad's cheek "oh I was going to give this too you he says moving his tail to reveal 2 Jay's feathers I found them while hunting for the rabbit I brought back this morning"."WOA dad these are for me?!"she say pouncing around like a exited kitten for aslong as she could remember she has always been fond of blue Jays. "Yes they are know hold still I want to do something real quick her father would say while tying the feathers with a brown root and tightly tuck it in the fur behind her ear."there know you are truly my little blue Jay"."omg I look so pretty thank you dad!!"she would say bouncing around once again."what's Happening out here??"her mother would ask walking out of the den "MOMMY LOOK WHAT DADDY MADE ME"she would say stopping and running to her mother. "wow that looks pretty blue know you really are our blue Jay huh"her mother would say while giving her a lick between her ears. "yup wait.... were are you guys going??"she would ask looking concerned "we are going to find more resources like food and medicine we are running low and we can have that".Her father would say while gently pushing bluekit in the den "I'm sorry but your going to have to stay here we dont want anything to happen to you like last time when you almost ate death berries"."but but what will i do while you are gone???" "You can try and find some more feathers for your collection just promise you won't go out that far"her mother would say pulling her into a hug same as her father. "We will only be gone for 4 days there is enough food to last you then"her father would say while her mother got the things needed for there journey.hugging her one last time both her parents would start running into the forest out of her sight."please come back mom dad"she would say before turning to go back to the den.