1. Comfortably Numb

I'M BACK BITCHES!!

This fanfic had 2.01k views and 134 votes but then the chapters got messed up and I had to take it down and start it again and now I've re published it and I want to see If this re upload can surpass the old one.

Anyways, if you haven't already you should read the other fanfic's I've published on my old account I_just_ship_people
(this is NOT a sequel to any other story so you don't have to read the other ones if you don't want to, this is a complete new story;)

AN: Some events of this story may be triggering read at your own cost.

P.s Buckle up cause this is going to be a bumpy ride;)

**************************************

Chapter 1

Lauren jiggled the key in the lock for what felt like the hundredth time. It was hardly an infrequent occurrence and so it had stopped annoying her a long time ago. Now she expected her arrival to be delayed for no less than half a minute by a faulty lock. However, this time wasn't like any of the others. No, this time was different because it would be the last time she'd ever be standing at 8E, jiggling a key into the stuck lock.

With two harsh kicks to the door, matched in time to the key moving around, it swung open.

Dragging two large, empty suitcases inside the apartment with her, Lauren kicked the door closed. She heard the shower running as she took in the piles of clothes and belongings on the couch and table waiting to be packed, wasting no time as she began to fill the cases. She didn't want to be there any longer than she had to. It was a new start.

Lauren was an efficient packer. She knew how to fold clothes properly so as to not crease and which order to put them in terms of size or bulk so that there was little to no possibility of having to sit on the case in order to close it.

They would have to make several trips to the truck and use the elevator judging by the weight of both cases. Her nose crinkled, She couldn't even lift them more than a couple of inches. Thank goodness for the wheels.

Lauren was organising the CDs and records, transporting them across the apartment to nearer the door so that they were ready to be taken downstairs when she realised that the shower was still running.

It was a strange time for a shower but she didn't think much of it when her head was so full of other things. Mainly the future.

"Hey, are you almost done?" Lauren called out loudly. "I'm packing up your stuff out here but I don't know what to do with some things, so you're going to have to tell me what I can throw out. Hopefully everything I don't like," was muttered as she stared at a CupcakKe record.

Lauren flipped it over and was reading over the track list, noting which songs she hated less than others, when something dropped to the floor in the bedroom. It went in one ear and out the other.

She moved the last pile of records over to the door and glanced at the time. "Camila, we don't have all day! I have a bathroom at my place, remember? With clean running water instead of whatever garbage I'm sure still comes out of your shower head. You'll probably catch something."

The kitchen didn't have anything that either Camila or Lauren wanted to take. The appliances were hardly state of the art and Lauren had everything they needed, including things they didn't. She'd never once made her own pasta -and probably never would- but she kept a pasta machine because it made her feel closer to her Mother and like she could be a Michelin style chef if she had the time to cook to that standard, which she didn't. But if she did, there was no doubt she'd excel in the kitchen too.