[14] Socialize

Thursday finds you in your drawing class, sitting next to Yazoo again. Leblanc is sitting in one corner of the classroom, talking on her phone to someone; you don't know exactly what it's about, but she's said a few things about an art museum, or gallery of some sort, and suspect she's got pieces going into one.

"What do you think?..." Yazoo asks, lifting up his page and showing it to you. You tilt your head; you see a tail, a big.... rock?

"A... comet?"

"Meteor," he corrects.

"Ohh, yeah... It looks very nice," you say. The shading is exceptional. There's graphite all over his hands, but not a smudge on the paper. He's very good at this.

"What are you drawing?..." he asks. You move your hand off your page.

"It's the ferry... I don't think it's very good," you say. It looks... It looks like a child drew it. Yazoo tilts his head, sort of frowning at it.

"You could add the seams in hull," he suggests. You look it over.

"Hm... But I'm not sure where they go..." you muse. Here? Or.... there?... You look over the hull of your ship, trying to remember if you've even seen the side of the ferry like you're trying to draw it.

"For crying out loud... Look up a reference on your phone! We're not children!" Leblanc barks, putting her hand over the receiver of her own cell phone.

"I didn't think we were supposed to use references!" Sora says.

"You think famous artists have never used a reference?! How are you supposed to draw if you don't know what it looks like? Use your head!" She says. Leblanc promptly returns to her conversation, and you stare at her in surprise.

"She's not a very good teacher, but..." you start.

"She does give some good advice..." Yazoo muses. He helps you find an image on your phone to draw from. It looks considerably better by the end of class.

—-

"I... don't like parabolas," Sora declares, looking dejectedly down at his school work. Cater is out sick today and you're sitting at a four-top with Sora, Kadaj, and Loz.

"They're not that hard," Kadaj says, looking annoyed. Beside him, Loz is also frowning at his work, scratching his head. Kadaj notices, and scowls. "You should have already done this."

"I didn't want to do math..."

"And now you're scrambling to have all your credits by the end of the year. Was it worth it?" Kadaj mutters. Loz sulks, and Sora pouts.

"That's not nice."

"What was that formula again?" You murmur, flipping through your textbook. Kadaj makes an annoyed noise, and snatches the papers from all three of you. Across the top, he writes out the formula you were having trouble with, and circles the relevant numbers in the equation on each.

"Shera's been very clear. If none of you can keep up, you won't graduate," he grumbles, giving them back.

"Oh... Thank you, Kadaj," you say cheerfully.

"D... Don't mention it," he says, sounding embarrassed. "Literally, don't. I don't want anyone accusing me of being nice."

"I'm gonna tell everyone," Sora says.

"Don't you dare."

—-

After school, you meet Yuffie and Vincent at the gates, where they tell you that they'll see you later. "We have the Big Sister-slash-Brother thing to do," Yuffie says, word for word. "You won't get lost getting home, will you?"