Alpha And Omega

When I woke up, I was surrounded by broken trees and drained creatures. All of them were still alive... pulsating... writhing... contorting. It was absolutely horrific. And yet... I liked it. This body I was in, it was... human. Yes... I do believe that is the word. And yet it was... different. It was stronger... more defensive... and had so many offensive capabilities and possibilities.

     I looked around. There was a cliff behind me, and in front of me was a sea of green and brown. A forest. I could feel my power dwindling. I needed more nanobots. I needed to make them. And for that, I needed sustenance. The monsters seemed to have given me that, so I deduced I needed to find more.

     I jumped above the tree line and instantly spotted a black bird. It was massive. It would keep me going for at least ten minutes. I rushed in it's general direction. When almost directly under it, I leapt as high as I could, going much, much higher than it. I made my trajectory downwards head straight for the bird. I smashed directly through its rib cage, leaving trails of nanobots connected to it, sucking it dry. I felt myself grow all over. My arms grew longer, as did my legs. My torso grew thicker and taller.

     With that, I sped across the entire forest, killing everything in my path, and draining it, increasing the time I could hunt. It was a wonderful circle. The more I killed, the longer I could kill for, thus allowing me to kill more, and thus allowing me to kill for longer. I watched as day turned to night and night turned to day, at least a dozen times. On the fifteenth cycle, when the sun was high in the sky, was when I began to feel weak. As weak as I did when I first woke up.

     I hurried across the entire forest, but found nothing. So I exited the green sanctuary and headed towards a concentration of grim, and slaughtered them. From my estimates, I only had about half an hour left. I rushed to where I sensed more potential time. I drew closer to a large building with a huge tower in the middle. I jumped and landed on top of it. I then jumped once more, then propelled myself down, burning a few of the nanobots. I smashed through it, and even managed to kill a few things, draining them on the way, it wasn't nearly enough, though, and seeing as I had burnt the majority of the nanties, I began to lose consciousness. The last thing I saw was a team of four human females looking down at me.