Horrid Henry • Feel Special

Horrid Henry x Gender Neutral! Reader
Word Count: 427

---

Y/n L/n

I sighed, my parents were fighting again. I looked onto the floor as I slid down the door, just outside the kitchen, I'm so sick of this. I immediately went upstairs, grabbed some essentials, then left, going unnoticed by my parents, who were still bickering.

you see, my father was an alchoholic, and my mom is a workaholic, which makes them have less time for me, it makes me feel like they never cared and only had me just to be like their friends.

I then walked outside, then walked towards the other street, across this one. As I spot the house I was intending for, I immediately ran towards it. I knocked onto the door, then I see the familiar blonde woman

"Oh, hello, Y/n, again..?" Henry's mum asked, with a look of sympathy and concern, as I nodded, she then motioned for me to go inside, as I went in.

I went upstairs after Henry's mum stated that dinner will be up by 7, I knocked onto the brunett's door, a groan was heard, then the door was unlocked.
"Wh- oh hey Y/n!" his mood changed quickly upon the sight of me and then he dragged me inside his room, shutting the door after.

he then looked at me excitedly, I smiled as he started talking about his new video game, he then realized why I was here, midway in his story, and then he frowned.

"Hey, Y/n, y'know you can talk to me, right..?" he asked, softly as I nodded
"It's fine, I just lost my patience with them.." I stated as he hugged me out of the blue.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, I really am... I just wish you could have a normal life and with better parents..." he muttered as I hugged back, tearing up a bit. "oh, Henry, you don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault, I'm just glad that you're here... by my side" I respond as his hug tightens.

"but being here isn't enough..." he said as he smashed his lips onto mine.

and from that moment... I realized that I feel special with him

you make me feel special
no matter how the world brings me down
even when hurtful words stab me
i smile again cuz you're there
that's what you do

Again I feel special
one moment I feel like i'm nothing at all
like no one would notice if I were gone
but then when I hear you calling me
I feel loved, I feel special