Chapter 7

Hurrying away from the loud chaos that was their wedding feast, Gendry and Arya laughed as they ran into their bedroom. Once the door was closed behind them and the room was quiet, they both burst into giggles. 

"Oh gods, I needed to get away from the crowd." Gendry pulled Arya into his chest, kissing her head softly. 

"Me too," Arya replied as she pulled her wedding furs off of her body. "Are we going to consummate this marriage or what?" Arya asked her husband, who picked her up and continued to pull clothes off of both of them.  Gendry kissed Arya's neck, sucking on her soft spot. Arya moaned against Gendry's neck and you can guess what happened next. 

After, they laid spooning each other quietly. Gendry had fallen asleep but made sure to keep his love as close to him as possible. Arya couldn't go to sleep but she listened to the music and feast that was going on out in the feasting hall. She rolled over to face her sleeping husband and smiled knowing she would get to wake up every morning next to him. 

In the morning, the couple woke up to a knocking on the door. Arya groaned before slipping out of bed and getting dressed. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and opened the door to find Sansa with a platter of food for breakfast. 

"Good morning, sister. How did you sleep?" Sansa handed the plate to Arya and pushed the door open. 

"Alright. Sansa, Gendry might be naked in there." Arya hurried after her sister but walked into the room to find Gendry already dressed. 

"When did you wake up?" Arya asked him before giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Same as you." Gendry took the platter of food from Arya's arms, taking a bite of food as he put it down on the table in their bedroom. 

"Right. What do you want Sansa?" Arya turned back towards her sister, slightly irritated that the Queen in the North had to ruin her wedding night. 

"I came to tell you that there is going to be a council meeting to discuss some important business."

"Is that all? Maester Wallace or a servant could have told me that." Arya told her solder sister, who chuckled lightly. 

"I know but I wanted to talk to you beforehand," Sansa whispered. 

"Oh, alright. Give me a minute to get presentable," Arya sighed, turning towards her clothes. Sansa nodded and walked out of the room. Once Arya was presentable, the two young women started to walk to the large meeting room together in silence. 

Sansa looked down at her younger sister, she looked like a younger version of their father, Eddard Stark. "Sometimes I can't tell the difference between you and Father. Both of you are so stubborn but so powerful and kind at the same time." 

"I don't know whether that was a compliment from you or what." Arya looked up at her tall sister. 

"It was, so enjoy my niceness before I take it back." Sansa chuckled lightly. "You know Mother and Father would be proud of you and the woman you have become." 

"They would be proud of you too. You're the queen of Winterfell for fuck's sake." Arya smiled back at her sister, proudly. 

"Arya, language please." Sansa snickers before entering the room for Royal Council meetings. 

The two Stark women sat down at the table, still empty. 

A/N: I'm back! This COVID-19 pandemic really took a toll on my mental health and I haven't had a working computer for the past few months but hopefully, I will continue writing this story for you. Enjoy!