19

Puck didn't hear anything else the lawyer said because he was in shock about Shelby's wishes regarding Beth.

He loved Beth and all he ever wanted was to be her dad, but he would have assumed that Shelby would've wanted Rachel or even Rachel's dads to look after Beth.

When the lawyer finished going through everything, Puck agreed to be Beth's legal guardian and signed all the paperwork to officially accept. He sat there with the others, still in shock.

The lawyer left and Hiram excused himself to go find Leroy and Beth.

Everyone looked at Puck.

"I wanna be the one to tell her." Puck said softly. He turned to Finn and Rachel. "And I'm gonna take her to L.A. to pack up my stuff and then I'll find a place here for us."

"Slow down." Finn commanded.

"Yeah, you don't have to move to New York." Rachel added.

"I wanna make this as easy as possible for her." Puck stated as he looked at his friends. "And she should be close to you guys, too."

"I should start packing my things." Quinn decided as she slowly stood up. "I need to get back to school."

"Quinn." Puck said softly and stood up as the blonde walked away. He took a deep breath and looked at Finn and Rachel. "I'm gonna go talk to Beth. Don't let Quinn leave yet. I have to talk to her."

"You got it." Finn nodded.

Puck nodded back and walked out of the room.