Songfic Series - Jungkook (Chasing Cars)

Jungkook had always been a restless type. He loved to be doing something, whether that was practicing, playing games, or working out. He thrived when he had things to do.

So even on his days off that he spent with you, he often stayed busy by running errands with you or checking out local events he couldn't usually attend due to his schedule.

But this day off fell particularly close to the boys' comeback, and it seemed like he was pushing himself too hard. Every waking moment was spent practicing or working out. You hadn't seen him in weeks, so when he showed up at your door ready to head out, you grabbed his hand and took the lead.

"Wait, where are we going?" he asked. You simply flashed him a smile and tugged him along behind you. 

He didn't notice (or at least he didn't comment on) the large basket in the backseat of your car. You turned on some music and drove, making your way to a very specific location. Jungkook sat in the passenger seat, eagerly guessing where the two of you were going to end up. You laughed and told him to just be patient. 

Finally, you turned off the road and brought him to a large clearing in the woods. He looked around in confusion when you got out.

"We're here," you announced when he didn't make a move to follow you. "Come on."

"(Y/N), what are we doing out here?"

"We are going to have a cliche picnic out here in nature and you're going to relax doing nothing for once."

His eyes narrowed slightly and it almost seemed like he wanted to challenge that notion. But he quickly pushed the thought aside when he saw the amount of food you'd brought, along with drinks, blankets, jackets, etc. You'd really thought of everything.

You ate together, talking about what you'd missed out on during the last few weeks when he'd been so busy. He was impressed you'd brought not only some of his favorite foods but his precious banana milk as well. 

Once you were done eating, you laid down to stare up at the sky. Jungkook mirrored you, closing his eyes and sighing quietly.

You glanced over at him and squeezed his hand. The ghost of a smile graced his features. 

He hated to admit it, but maybe you had been onto something when you dragged him out here. It was so quiet and peaceful. The sun was warm on his skin, and he felt...content. Not rushed or nervous or stressed like he'd been recently.

Not that he would ever admit to feeling that way. But it was obvious you'd picked up on it anyway. 

"This is nice," he murmured. A few moments later, he pulled you into his chest. You yelped in surprise.

"Jungkook!"

"We'll be fine. It's not like anyone's going to see us," he replied as he opened his eyes to look at you. "So just forget about the rest of the world and lay here with me."

You laughed at his tone. You were the one who brought him here but he was acting like it was all his idea. Even so, you repositioned yourself until you were comfortable and closed your eyes, more than happy to just lay with him a little longer.

Jungkook could feel the sun beaming down on his face. He grumbled and shifted, wanting more sleep. He heard you laugh beside him and he slowly cracked one eye open to glare at you.

"Hey, sleepy-head. You ready to go yet?" you asked.

"Go?" he repeated as he sat up. But as he glanced around, he could see that it was getting dark. The sun was starting to dip below the horizon. It really was time to go.

He dragged himself to his feet, amazed to find that he hadn't let go of your hand the whole time he was sleeping. You smiled and followed, having already put everything except for the blanket back in the car so animals wouldn't be attracted.

He draped the blanket around your shoulders as you walked, putting his arm around you in the process. "Sorry for falling asleep on you."

You shook your head. "It's fine, just spending time with you is good enough for me."

"You really are cliche," Jungkook chuckled as he ruffled your hair. "But this was just what I needed, so thank you."

"Of course. Maybe next time, you can pack the food."

"Great! I'll make ramen."

"Jungkook, ramen is not a picnic food."

"Then I'll make it one. You'll see."

The two of you continued like this all the way back. But you knew that you wouldn't have it any other way.