letter 1

dear one

dear one,

one day, if God permits, you will be able to read this letter. when that time comes, i will probably be sitting beside you, laughing at how cheesy this letter sounds.

the first time our eyes met, i knew i was looking at forever. and that scene of how i met you was repeatedly flashed in my mind as though it only happened yesterday.

as much as i wanted to be with you, deep in my heart, God was asking me to surrender everything to Him-including you. so i opted to wait. i knew that like a seed, this feeling had to be buried in the presence of God. and as my tears watered His presence, i have faith that in time, this seed will spring forth life.

when i can finally hold your hand, i know that my years of waiting will be valued.

though there are countless nights when i long to be held in your arms, deep in my soul, i knew that you are worth the wait.

dear one, as the cold wind embraces my flesh, all the more that i will hold on to God's precious promise-that He is capable of bringing us together; that He is sovereign and He knows when the time is ripe. as the darkness covers the sky, i am positive that tomorrow, when the sun peeks through the clouds, i'll be holding your hand into the journey of forever.

sa mga gabing gaya nito ay yayakapin ka ng aking mga panalangin...

sa mga sandaling hinahanap hanap ko ang tinig mo ay lalo akong mananahan sa kagandahan ng Kanyang mga pangako.

sa mga pagkakataong nais ko lamang tingnan ang iyong mga mata ay itutuon ko ang aking paningin sa kadakilaan ng Kanyang pag-ibig.

i am praying for you. but more so, i am praying that God will be gracious enough to mold me to be the right woman for you. a woman who will selflessly stand by your side through the toughest moments of your life. a woman whom you can proudly call your wife; a woman who laughs at you, cries with you and dreams with you. i want to be the woman who is passionately in love with God so i can love you better.

in time, dear one, in time, you will be able to say....

"she's worth the wait..."