Boxed In

{No One's POV}

"Huh. Rescuing the both of you has become a bit of a bad habit, but one that I surely intend to see break for permanently."

Deker was saying to himself, and suddenly he dropped the two people he was holding into the river.

{Silver's POV}

I began to splutter as I broke the surface of the river. I was coughing and wheezing, and I saw that Jayden was also in the river.

I turned, and both Jayden and I saw Deker there. I tried to stand up, and Deker shook his head.

"Stay under. The water will purge the poison from your systems as it blocks the spells before. It is already mostly, now working." Deker said.

I growled, and tried to stand up, and Deker sighed. "Just do as I say. Trust in me. There's nothing I want more, then the both of you in top form."

The part Nighlok said, and I looked at Jayden, and he grunted, but we stayed in the water.

"The sooner you recover, the sooner I'll finally be able to duel you, and I'll finally bring you both down."

Deker said, and I dove under the water quickly.

I woke up, and grunted, and I ended up sitting up fast and naturally hitting my head on a rock. "Ow." I said.

I looked over at Jayden, who was still out like a light. "Why do you end up in the thick of our fights to rescue us?" I asked, and Deker looked at me.

"You and him, are my most worthy opponents. Once you are both back at your best, we will duel." Deker said.

"You don't remember anything at all from your past?" I asked, as I waited for Jayden to at least move an inch.

"Nothing. I remember waking up as a Nighlok, and learning how to become a lookalike of a human." Deker said.

I heard a groan, and my head went over to look at Jayden immediately as I went over to him.

"Jayden." I said, and he looked at me.

"Argh." Jayden said, and tried to stand up, but only got as far as on his hands, before dropping again, hard.

I managed to shift over, so that he could use me as support, as he tried to sit up.

"The Purity of the Lake has healed the both of you. But you will, still be quite weak, for a while."

Deker said, and I looked at him. "Don't Jay. Just lie down." I said as Jayden fell again, before he had managed to sit in a sort of upright position.

"Why are you doing all this?" Jayden asked, and he grunted, and sat up on a rock, with my support.

"I'm searching for the Ultimate Duel, which is now, the duel that you and I will have, and your friend may join."

Deker said, and I gripped Jayden's hand behind our backs, as I felt him tense up.

"I don't fight, just to fight." Jayden said, wincing as he spoke but he made his point clearly enough.

"Neither do I. Find another duel Deker." I said and Deker snorted at us, and our words that copied the others.

"We fight to protect people." I said, at his snorts. "Hmm. Well we'll see about that. We're patient you see, my sword Uramasa and I."

Deker said, and my gaze went to his huge sword, which was next to him, on the ground.

"But eventually, we will battle. I have quite enough, of the incentive enough to convince you." Deker said, and we narrowed our eyes at him.

"After all, I was once fully human. All I know now, is a constant craving, for battle. The Nighlok in me gives me no choice about it." Deker said.

"You always have a choice." Jayden said. "You don't have to give into the Nighlok's cravings Deker." I said.

"Hmm. It's easy for the both of you to say to me." Deker said to both of us.

"Doing of the right thing, is always worth the effort. No matter how hard it is for you." Jayden said.

"It always is. You just don't always know about it, until you see the effect of it on the world." I said.

"That is why, we will not fight just to fight." Jayden said and I nodded at the words spoken. "Exactly." I said.

"You will give me the Ultimate Battle, whether you like it, or not Rangers." I saw him spit.

"It's the only way, that I will ever be free from this terrible curse." Deker said, and I looked at him.

"The worse curse of all, is the one that you're putting on yourself, by walking the earth for a duel." I said, and Jayden nodded.

It's been a while, more then a few hours at least, when I was able to sit up on my own, and so was Jayden.

"You okay?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I think everything's working. You?"

He asked, and I nodded at him. "Yeah, I'm good." I said, and Deker stood up, I saw him standing over us. "Jayden."

I said, and he grabbed his Samuraizer.

"You should be both fully recovered by now." Deker said, and Jayden stood in front of me, and I moved to stand next to him.

"Why do you want to fight us?" He asked, and I knew he was stalling for time that we didn't have anymore.

"There are plenty of good warriors in the world." I said, and Deker chuckled at me.

"Yes, but like me, you both have a secret each, that is festering inside of you."

Deker said, and I felt Jayden stiffened up. "We're all warped, twisted." Deker said, and I looked at Jayden, who was stepping forward.