f o u r

Delilah woke up the next day still in bed, however she was alone. she sighed and rubbed her head. her bruises were stinging and her heart was still hurting. she assumed Richie had climbed back over to his house. until she heard a toilet flush and the door to her en-suite opened to reveal Richie.

"hey hot stuff, you're finally awake" he joked.

"you're still here" Delilah beamed.

"of course, Bill called, we need to meet him at bev's as soon as" he said

"is everything okay?" she asked, curiously.

"I'm not sure, we'll have to wait and see" he shrugged.

Richie headed back to his bedroom to get dressed. Delilah sighed and got up. she picked out some clothes and changed into them. she applied some concealer on her bruises and looked in the mirror. there was no way she could hide her neck.

"Richie?" she called and he came running to the window.

"what can I do for you ma'am?" he asked with a smile.

"I need your help on how to hide my neck"

"choker? necklace?" he suggested. her face lit up and she held her finger up saying 'one second'. she went into her room and came back with a choker around her neck. a beige colour, with a little jewel dangling from the centre.

"meet you downstairs?" he asked, to which Delilah nodded. she grabbed some money and placed it in her pocket. she unlocked the bolt on her door and slowly left. her dad should be at work by now.

"Josie? Alfie?" she called out.

"dellyyyyy" josie called evicting her bedroom.

"hey big sis" Alfie smiled.

"I'm going out but I'll see you guys later okay?" they nodded and she kissed their heads and gave them a quick side hug. she saw her mom leave the bedroom.

"hey mom, I'm going out" Delilah smiled.

"your neck" she looked down, touching the choker around her neck.

"mom, stop" Delilah sighed before going downstairs and leaving the house. Richie was sat on the edge of the sidewalk, his bike next to him. Delilah grabbed her bike and joined him.

"hey" she said smiling.

"ready?" he asked and she nodded. they rode for a bit until they came to bill's house, where the other, besides bev, were.

"did she say what was wrong?" she asked, starting to worry.

"no, just it's a-a-an emergency and t-t-to be there as soon as" bill shrugged. "h-hey rich, I tried to c-c-call you last night but you mo-o-om said you had locked yourself in your r-r-room all night. w-what-"

"yeah rich, what were you doing?" Eddie helped out his friend.

"he slept at my house, locked his door and climbed in through my window. we do it all the time." Delilah shrugged before getting on her bike again. the other boys shared a what-how-did-we-not-know look. then the six of them began biking to bev's apartment. the cycling was filled with an argument about who would win in a fight between batman and Spider-Man. Delilah wasn't interested though. they arrived at bev's apartment and she met them at the bottom of her fire escape.

"I need to show you something" bev spoke urgently.

"what? more than we saw at the quarry?" Richie joked, causing Delilah to nudge his arm.

"shut up Richie! shut up!" Stan scolded.

"my dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys I the apartment" bev looked concerned.