t e n

One Week Later

they met back beside the kissing bridge. the eight of them.

William "Bill" Denbrough.

Michael "Mike" Hanlon.

Stanley "Stan" Uris.

Edward "Eddie" Kasbrak.

Richie "Trashmouth" Tozier.

Beverly "Bev" Marsh.

Benjamin "Ben" Hanscom.

Delilah "Del" Matthews.

they were sat on some logs, in a circle. beverly was talking about her experience in the sewers. Delilah bruises were having slowly, her mom had gotten a well-payed job and she hadn't seen her dad since that day, granted it had only been a week.

"I can only remember bits but I thought I was dead, that's what it felt like. I saw all of us together in the cistern, but we were older - like our parents ages.''

"w-what were we doing there?" bill asked.

"I don't remember what we were dong, I just remember how we felt, how sacred we were. I don't think I can ever forget that." all Delilah could think about was how her best friend was leaving in the morning. to Portland, Oregon. miles and miles away. to live with her aunt. she had had so many great memories with Beverly marsh.

"come on baby, you know you want it" Delilah was being tortured by bowers already and it was only the third day of school. she didn't even have the losers to run to so she wasn't alone.

"bowers, are you so desperate that you have to force people to have sex with you? can't you get a girl? what a shame" a voice spoke, distracting bowers and his goons. it was the one and only Beverly Marsh. after some more mocking the boys, they walked away claiming the girls 'weren't worth it'.

"thanks Beverly"

"you know my name?" the redhead looked surprised.

"course I do" Delilah shrugged. "when you don't have any friends you kind of silently observe and learn about people.''

"well now you have a friend" bev smiled.

that was the beginning of their friendship.

"so you've never thought about what you want your first time to be like?" bev asked, shocked. the girls were having a sleepover at bev's apartment since her dad was away for two nights.

"not really I mean, I've thought about my first kiss but- I don't know"

"are you still hung up on that Tozier kid?" bev asked. Delilah had told Beverly that she liked Richie, not hat she still did. her phone began ringing causing her to stand up.

"yes" Delilah whispered when Beverly was out of earshot.

"the water is surprisingly warm" Beverly said as she entered the quarry carefully. "you're not coming in?" bev asked the girl, the girl who was afraid for people to know the truth about her father.

"nah, I'm feeling a little sick, I think I'll sit this one out" Delilah spoke. she just sat on the edge of a rock and dipped her feet in.

memories of her and bev were flooding back to her and she was beginning  to get emotional but she hid it well. Richie's arm was around her and she was leaning into him, which was a usual position for the two, even before they got together. Bill stood up slowly and grabbed a shard of glass off of the floor. seeing the glass made Richie shiver at the memory of when he saw Delilah breaking down through his window and almost cut herself.