Chapter Six

Alex and Calum arrived at his house and she was still shaking. Her cheek stung a bit and her emotions were all over the play. The boy she loved with all her heart hit her and she barely could even believe it.

"I'll make you some tea, you can sit and relax. You need it." Calum said nicely before walking off into his kitchen to make tea. She sat down slowly on the brown sofa before pulling her knees to her chest. She wanted to cry so badly but she was somehow holding the oh so many tears in. Her eyes were glued to the TV on the wall even though it was off. Her mind was crazy running with thoughts anyways.

Calum came in and handed her the tea.

"Thank you Calum. For everything really. I just don't know why he's gotten bad. This fucking sucks." She groaned, running a hand over her face. There were bags under her eyes and tears dried on her cheeks. Alex looked like a complete mess.

"No problem Alex. I don't know why, I've been trying to find out but he just won't stop. And the fact that he hit you just makes me so fucking angry with him. I know he was drunk but still." Calum said, obviously stressed out too. Alex nodded, sniffling. Her stomach was nauseous and she was so depressed.

Suddenly, breaking the silence, there was a knock at the door. Alex silently prayed to God that it wasn't Luke. When the door opened, it was Ashton. Alex huffed. Why was he here?

"Calum?" Alex asked, confused.

"I had told him what happened when I came to pick you up." Calum informed her and she rolled her eyes. After what had happened between Alex and Ashton, it made every single thing awkward.

"I'm so sorry Alex. Are you alright? Do you need anything?" Ashton said, obviously concerned. He sat next to Alex, pulling her into a hug. She tensed up immediately but soon melted into the hug. It was nice to feel a pair of comforting arms around hers.

"I'm fine, I just need to calm down." Alex said, her voice light and cracking from all the crying. Ashton nodded before pressing a , hopefully platonic kiss on her head. She let out a soft sigh before untangling herself from the hug.

"Could I stay the night?" Alex asked, looking towards Calum. He nodded instantly.

"Yes, defiantly. You can sleep in the guest room." Calum told her. She thanked him before standing up from the couch.

"Well, it's getting late and I really want to be alone right now. I'm going to go to bed. Thank you guys for helping me. Goodnight." Alex said, running a hand through her hair before walking off into the guest room. She felt so fragile and delicate and her heart was literally crushed. She need to be consumed in her only thoughts. No matter how thankful she was for the help the boys were giving her, she just needed to by herself. Her hands were still shaky and her eyes were dark. She was a complete mess.

She lay on the bed, her tired eyes locked up on the white ceiling as if it was the most interesting ceiling out there. Her mind began thinking. Did that number Alex found in Luke's nightstand actually mean something? She figured that it could be someone he hit on at a bar because Alex is sure he's done that before. Alex couldn't think of any other possibilities for the mysterious number. It could of been a family member but 1) Luke hasn't seen his family for a while, and 2) If it was, he would of put it in his phone and threw the paper in the trash, and 3) If it was a family member why would he try to hide it? Alex simply shook her head not being able to think of a reasonable answer.