Chapter 12

Teresa Lancaster-Sheffield

London

 She's been pacing around their grand bedroom. She just found out a lingerie underwear that wasn't hers, and a perfume that she wouldn't pick herself. She tried calling Newton again but he won't pick up the phone. The bedroom doors open, she was expecting her husband Ben Sheffield stepping in for bed but it wasn't a man but a toddler. It was their toddler, Caspian Sheffield. "Honey, why are you here?" she asks placing the toddler on her lap.

"I miss mama," the three-year-old replies making Teresa smile sadly.

"I miss you too baby boy I need to do something," Teresa held her tears back for the little boy. The toddler ran back out the room laughing gleefully.

She waited for another 5 minutes then the door opened again revealing her black-haired husband holding a briefcase. Teresa scanned Ben, carefully observing his new and old details. She narrowed her eyes on his neck. A violet kiss marks. That mark on his neck blew the fuse.

"What's this?!" she yelled pulling Ben's collar up. He winced. "You have a woman, don't you? I found some lingerie that isn't my taste and a strange fragrance on the pillows!"

"What is it now?!" he whined at the same volume as his raging wife.

"A mark really?! You could have just thrown a damn used condom at my feet!" she yelled again. Ben went to the bedroom door and closed not wanting the toddler to hear or come in in the middle of the argument.

"It's not what it looks like!" he tried to explain. Ben's eyes widen when he saw a vase flying near him. He quickly jumped out of the way of the flying vase. "Why do have to throw everything you can get your hands to?"

"Because you have a freaking affair with some whore!"

"I am not!" he yelled back. "Okay I can't take this no more. I'm sleeping on the guest room down the hall," he raised his hands-on surrender. He got some clothes and got out of the room but before he got out of the door another bottle came flying on the door near his hand.

"Maids get this scattered glass clean now!" Teresa yelled and left the room. She went to her safe place knowing Ben doesn't step out there. The cold wind brushed against her burning red face. She sighed and looked down from the balcony. She dial a number.

"Why are calling now?" Sonya complained. She was tired from the activities all day now this.

"Your brother won't pick up the phone. So, I went to the second best" Teresa almost laughed.

"Really? I'm hanging up," Sonya said smirking on the other line.

"Don't! I need your help," Teresa pleaded leaning her arms against the white railing of the balcony.

"Say it again. Never in a million years I heard that from you," Sonya mocked.

"Not in the mood for your games Sonya. Not now."

Sonya was always the annoying one in the family.

"Okay what can I do? But first I need to know what happened," Sonya's voice was now soft and calm.

"First of all-" Teresa trails off and sighs. "I think Ben has a fucking affair," she whispers to the phone.

"What the fuck? I know he's distrusting in the first place," Sonya yells to the phone almost deafening Teresa on the other side. She was over dramatic like always. "Does my brother know about this?!"

"I'm not sure if I'm going to tell him. His on a party and I don't want to ruin his time with his 'Tommy' and I'm pretty sure he'll cut Ben's balls off," Teresa was concerned about Newt not about Ben. It's been a year since they had sex and had a proper 'I love you' said. Her love for him had disappeared even though it wasn't there in the first place because they were just fixed together.

"Yeah we all know Newt well," Teresa sighs in response about the truth of what Sonya just said. "What do want us to do?"

"I want to know who's the whore whose been lingering around my husband," she used air quotes sarcastically trying to mock Ben. Childish. "But first in need a girl's night out to relieve some stress."

"You want to get drunk, do you?" Sonya raises an eyebrow. This wasn't Teresa's usual behaviour, she doesn't like to go to clubs, doesn't like to get drunk, or doesn't want to leave the house except for her work.

"Mhm, maybe. Do you know some decent clubs?" Teresa asks acting all innocent. She was still 20 and it's bad not to spend her 20's not having fun.

"My boyfriend's Aunt's cousin's nephew owns one called 'The Scorch'," she said pulling Teresa into curiosity.

"Give me 30 minutes and we're going there. I just need to tuck Caspian in bed and style myself and I'm going there. Let's meet here okay?" she was excited to go and have some decent fun.

"Okay I'll book a reservation," she hangs up.

Teresa quickly goes to Caspian's room and opens the door. The scene was horrible to see, Ben was playing with Caspian acting all innocent. She rolls her eyes and sighs. She fake a smile for her son. She garbs the gold plated door knob and swiftly presses it down. She took a deep breath and sighed a little. The atmosphere inside the room was cheerful but once Teresa entered it went from cheerful to downright awkward.

"Mommy!" the three-year-old shouted getting off his bed and hugging his mother. Teresa at her horrible excuse of a husband. He replied with a hiss and a slight shake of his head.

"Honey, I think you're quite tired and need some sleep," she said rumpling the toddler's hair who was yawning all over the place. Teresa placed her son on the bed and tucked him in not giving her husband any attention like he wasn't even there. She carefully watches her son fall to dreamland. When her son was already pass asleep, she was darting for the door to get ready for her night out. A hand grabbed her arm. She looked at the owner of the hand, it was her husband.

"Don't fucking touch me bastard!" she whispers yelled prying the hand off her arm and pushing the man back. The floor cricked on the weight of his almost crash. She glared again on her husband letting him know to keep quiet as their son was sleeping and left the room.

She headed to her walk-in closet and started to pick some dresses to wear. She was holding a blue dress while on the hand literally, was a pinkish dress.

"Knock, knock, cousin," the crept open revealing her blonde cousin Sonya. "You're so slow." Teresa rolled her eyes and compared the two dresses. "I just 'accidentally' bumped into your stupid husband on my way here," she told making Teresa grin evilly.

"What did that asshole said?" she asked as she compared the dresses on front of the big mirror.

"Nothing he just groaned like a freaking animal," Sonya explained. "I think that looks good on you." Teresa held the blue one and Sonya nodded in confirmation.

"Get out first talk later," Teresa pointed on the door. Sonya sighed and left. Teresa giggled and put on the dress. Sonya was right it fits her perfectly and compliments her eyes. She got some pointed heel shoes and ran outside to meet her cousin who was waiting patiently.

"You look stunning," Sonya eagerly complimented her beautiful cousin. Their attention was caught on some tapping against the wooden floor.

"Where do you think you girls are going?" It was Ben tapping his foot on the floor. He was pissed out. Really pissed off.

"Oh, us, we're just going out to party and try to avoid to call your whore to entertain you," Teresa said sarcastically. Sonya withhold her laughter on the scene. She was glad Teresa finally stood up to her husband. They left smirking at the sight of Ben's red face. He deserved that at least.