Chapter Ten

High above Planet Tal an small metal ball was in orbit, it was almost small and insignificant except for an electric beeping sound from the small man made moon that orbited Tal. The craft itself being an sattilite, the first Tal will make in a long line of unperceived successors that will follow in the coming decades. An almost amplified silence filled Tal as they watched the skies at night to see the satellite. Ji-Ji reads the headlines the next day as he looks in shock at the article on the satellite now dubbed "CS -1" by the ambassador of Reono land  stated to the press in Shigu as onlookers look in fear of the fact of that machine orbiting Tal. Rumors started to spread around Shigu about CS-1, some saying "Its an thermal detection satellite" , others say its "an missile guidance satellite" to guide Reono nuclear cruiser missiles. None of the rumors were true, it was just a small metal ball that made beeping sounds as it traveled around Tal in an grand elliptical orbit.

Ji Ji watched in his telescope at the small metal ball in orbit. "The Reono People now have launched an space satellite into the orbit of Tal." He wrote in his diary intently," I feel like Reono Land is taking advantage of the spies that are gathering info on my Liquid Rocket engine i constructed. I feel like Reono will soon be raining nukes from outer space sooner or later, i feel like i have been roped into something i shouldn't be in." He closes his jornal and looks at the picture of his prototype proudly placed on the wall of his home. The sergal got up and looked outside to see some nevreans delivering mail to the family of sergals across from his home in the village. Which has grown alot since he had been forcibly taken from it to work on that monstrosity of an atom bomb.

He can recall when the Shigu Army tested "the first of many of these weapons", an large Intercontinental Ballistic missile built to fire at long ranges. The rocket engine he helped engineer was being used to carry a fairly large explosive nicknamed "Serg-Bomba": an highly powerful nuclear  weapon, capable of wiping an city as big as the Reono Capital off the map. Ji Ji recalls when they launched the missile the whole ground shook as it rose out of the launch shaft and accented higher and higher into the sky, the missile being carried by a series of Ji Ji's  rocket motors carrying a high-velocity nuclear weapon into high planetary orbit and then coming down right on top of the enemy.

As of now everyone watches the cloud of smoke left behind by the missile as it was nothing but a glint in the night sky, as they watched, the first stage of the missile blew off and the second stage kicked in. It fired the payload higher into orbit, and finally the second stage blew out. The telescopes were all focused on the Warhead as it was separated from the second stage from the payload delivery system, its spindle like structures exploding as tiny Rocket motors maneuvered the Warhead into position. As it fell, it began to heat up in reentry, leaving a significant tail like a shooting star falling from above, the tale was a bright blue more brighter than lightning.

Everyone was told to put on special glasses when the Warhead was beginning to drop into re-entry, according to their calculations the nuclear warhead would have detonated by the time it reached into the troposphere. The Warhead shot for the Target, and within 3 minutes, as if seen from the distance, a flash of light engulfed Proving Ground as a light rose up like a false sunrise on the plains. A large mushroom cloud rose up from the blinding light in the distance.

"The bomb has detonated sir, confirmation of a nuclear detonation." A sergal officer said to the generals and Ji Ji who watched in silent awe at the nuclear explosion, within minutes the Shock wave reached the bunker they were at as the whole ground shook like an earthquake. Ji Ji looked on in horror at what he had created, he can recall an old rune that was engraved onto the Shigu imperial library. " as I look upon our mother, I have brought my brother into their knees. Behold I become death and the destroyer of worlds." The destroyer of worlds, was brought upon themselves, and now Ji Ji had quit working for the military and had returned home in anguish cross at the use of his rocket engine.

Now locked away in his home he was isolated from the world in his own. He had 15 chalkboards with thousands of equations squeezed on to it. He looked at the equations as if he was an artist trying to decided where to place his next move. " I'll show them, I'll show those warmongers that my machines can be used for peace." Ji Ji contemplated to himself. outside everyone was watching the night sky as the cs1 satellite as it traversed to the night sky.