54: LIFE

Mia Kazzandra didn't know where Jinwoon Shin is taking her. Her hands are tied and she's also blindfolded. She felt her scalp throb again. Her hair was pulled by him when she tried to put the blind fold on her causing her hair tie to loosen and completely drop off.

Then she remembered a training she had with Joshua once. She had her eyes closed and he made her figure out where he was. She secretly smiled. She listened to her surroundings. She only heard the wind, it means they're alone.

She purposely dug her feet to the ground to leave marks. She softly kicked to the right, a motion where Jinwoon Shin and his men won't figure out. And she did it on the left too. Then her feet touched a rock making her stumble. She held out her hand to stop her fall and her hands meet with the cold cement. She feels it. There was something engraved on it – like letters.

She was on top of somewhat like a grave.

Now she knows where they are.

Joshua closed the door behind him. He put Kazzandra's hair tie on his pocket. He went down but turned still when he saw someone standing in the middle of the lobby. He can't completely recognize who it was because the moonlight is the only light around him.

He kept a safe distance, but when he familiarized the face of the person standing few meters from him, his eyes turned dark and hard. Katalina Sy shares the same features as Audrianne Calixza.

She stood there staring at him. He respected and admired the woman not only because she comes from a noble family after them but also because their families were friends. But the thought of them, she, putting his life and everyone around him in danger, wanting him dead sickened him.

Katalina Sy is smart and cunning and she knows she has something under her sleeves. But he did not give her a chance to move and do her plan.

Joshua was fast enough to grab her by the neck and turned her back to him. His chest pressed to her back.

"I already did my part, Joshua." She hissed at him.

"Your family committed treason, I know it's not just you. You're not enough to just supply the poison and even the weapons."

Katalina didn't even bother trying to escape, and Joshua could feel that she already knows what will happen to her next.

Without a second thought, he shot her with his gun.

Her body slumped on the floor, lifeless.

Joshua knew what he did was ruthless but he needs to do it to immediately put an end to what Katalina Sy has started and he would not let Mia Kazzandra see that side of him but he will kill for his family and the love of his life.

Audrianna Calixta shots everyone in  way. She followed her Mother when she saw her enter the mansion unnoticed but not to her.

She looked back on the bloody pathway. That's when she realized that there are already dead bodies around and that only means someone has been here before her. She gulped before opening the double doors.

She closed her eyes while entering the wide living room. She doesn't want to seethe horrific scene in front of her. But she just wants to see her mother. A traitor tear rolled down. She smelled the tang of blood. That's when she had the courage to open her eyes.

She cried when she saw the lifeless body of Katalina Sy lying on the ground. She was sobbing badly as she knelled next to her mother's body.

"How could you do this Mom?" She cried.

It was like losing Audrianne Calixza all over again. The time when she saw Audrianne's lifeless body felt like something shattered inside of her too.